Moss is the modern corporate credit card and spends management platform. We are a group of serial entrepreneurs and Fintech experts driven by our mission to enable businesses to master their finances. After solidifying a total of €130 million in funding, we continue to pave the way for next-generation B2B spending, empowering our customers to make informed cash flow decisions. To this day we have 100’s of live customers, we're awarded Fintech of the year in 2020, and have a team in place with experience building out foundations of numerous successful Fintech companies.
As we are scaling, we are looking for a (Junior) Financial Manager to join our Finance team of innovative thinkers and contributors! You’ll be supporting senior staff regarding the accounting effort for our German operations. You will be responsible to ensure our core financial operations are sound and conducted in a stringent and diligent way. Your personal development and learning curve is crucially important for us and we will support you where possible.
This is Berlin based role, next to the management in our headquarters (we offer assistance in relocation).
What you will do:
- Support the accounting and tax compliance (CIT, VAT) effort in our core German market and as well as the initial additional markets in the EU
- Putting your knowledge in IFRS for consolidated group accounts and local GAAPs to work and constantly improve it
- Develop an understanding for our FP&A effort and start communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Interact with our data warehouse derive relevant commercial and accounting information
- Getting insight into a market leading credit card technology, connecting it with traditional accounting practises and further developing them
- Be part of an expanding and international start-up in the financial industry at the forefront of shaping our pan European footprint
What you bring to the table:
- You have completed a university degree in finance, accounting or a related subject
- 1-3 years+ of working experience in a financially driven environment – ideally in a company in the financial industry, an audit firm or a technology start-up
- You have a hands-on mentality, are highly analytical, possess a structured approach to your work, and you have a strong drive to develop your career in the financial industry
- Basic knowledge of IFRS and HGB and the customary
- MS-Office tools – in particular Excel. SQL and data models are things you at least feel comfortable to grow into
- German language skills are a strong plus but not required
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Join an experienced highly motivated and fast-moving team
- The ability to shape the product success within the market of a quickly growing startup
- The hardware you need to do the job in the best way possible
- Contribute to and share the company's success