Product Manager - Risk & Operations
Location: Berlin, Germany
Moss is the modern corporate credit card and spend management platform. We are a group of serial entrepreneurs and fintech experts driven by our mission to enable businesses to master their finances. After solidifying a total of €55 million in funding, we continue to pave the way for next generation B2B spending, empowering our customers to make informed cash flow decisions. To this day we have 100’s of live customers, were awarded Fintech of the year in 2020 and have a team in place with experience building out foundations of numerous successful Fintech companies.
The role, your team, and your mission
Moss has a truly unique position in the European market by providing real credit cards, with real credit lines, to Small & Medium sized businesses (SMBs). Your mission will be to help Moss progress in three key areas
Together with your team of developers and data scientists you will be working hand in hand with our world class team of risk analysts and operations team. We are on an incredible growth trajectory, and own credit offering is at the core of, we offer a proprietary and unique approach to assessing customer risk basically in real time using real time bank data - we are basically building a completely new way of risk scoring which enables new products, approaches. You will have both the ownership of your team's roadmap as well as get the support and tools where you are empowered to make an impact and to develop along the way.
We are looking for a proven Product Manager, who has expertise working in Risk and Operations, the role is centralised around Risk modelling, looking at improvement methods to access customers. You will need to come from a Fintech, BaaS, Financial/Banking Start-up and have experience and understanding of the process to onboarding new customers, managing new customers and can apply logical mathematics in a Data and Analytical driven environment.
What you will be doing:
- Further productifying and scaling of our credit infrastructure to meet the evolving credit issuing requirements on existing and new markets, this means you will need to go beyond the infrastructure and lead more into Customer discovery and idealization.
- We are looking to make our risk operations processes as smooth and automated as possible
- Continuing to improve our infrastructure, enabling near real time decision making, automation and reducing operational costs
- Working with our Commercial & Risk teams to expand our credit offering
- Our goal in the Risk team is to provide as many credit products to as many customers in as many markets, with as less onboarding friction as possible while preventing defaults.
- Creating entirely new credit products for our customers to serve their liquidity needs
- Identifying and driving 3rd party partnership integrations that serve our customers beyond our own value creation
What you bring to the table:
- Experience working in the problem space of customer payments, credit and/or supporting development of operational tools
- You have 3+ years’ experience in Product Management in a tech driven company
- You are comfortable working in a technical environment and capable of establishing highly functioning relationships with technical experts
- Growth mentality: You are passionate about what you do and eager to learn and grow with us. You are always ready to explore new approaches, new technologies, and ideas from other members of the team.
- Your professional behaviour reflects entrepreneurial action, stakeholder perception, solution orientation and absolute focus on value.
- It is essential for your personal Growth to develop domain expertise in a highly regulated and interdisciplinary environment.
What you'll get
- A competitive compensation package that offers a shared ownership in the business’ success.
- Join a supportive and senior Product team (with an average of 7 years PM experience).
- Work within a truly disruptive company on solving significant B2B customer problems.
- Work in a dynamic and inclusive environment
- Work with a highly motivated and fast-moving Engineering and Design team.
- The ability to shape your product’s success within a quickly growing startup.
- The hardware you need to do the job in the best way possible.