Moss is the modern corporate credit card and spend management platform. We are a group of serial entrepreneurs and fintech experts driven by our mission to enable businesses to master their finances. After solidifying a total of €55 million in funding, we continue to pave the way for next generation B2B spending, empowering our customers to make informed cash flow decisions. To this day we have 100’s of live customers, were awarded Fintech of the year in 2020 and have a team in place with experience building out foundations of numerous successful Fintech companies.
The role, your team and your mission
We are hiring an experienced Finance professional to join our growing office in Berlin. You’ll be supporting the senior finance staff in controlling and analysing the business at the single company level as well as group level. You will be responsible for accurate data and diligent internal and external reporting to the relevant stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Analyse revenues and costs, as well as performing variance analysis.
- Constantly monitor the business plan and how we perform against it.
- Manage, prepare and maintain the management accounts.
- Supporting the preparation of budget, business plan, and internal financial analysis.
- Develop, automate internal and external financial & statutory reporting (Management, investors, regulators).
- Support the development of our financial core structures, e.g. expense account structure, cost centres and cost carriers.
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Coordinate with various departments for collection and provision of data.
- Working closely with the Tax & Accounting team in accounting matters.
What you bring to the table:
- You have completed a university degree in finance, data analysis or a related subject.
- 1-2 years+ of working experience in a financially driven environment – ideally in a company in the financial industry or a technology start-up with a focus on financial planning and analysis.
- You are a data-driven person, with a hands-on mentality, possess a structured approach to your work. And you have a strong drive to develop your career in the financial industry or tech.
- Experience with basic accounting principles, general ledgers, financial statements and various reporting approaches.
- Knowledge of IFRS and/ or local GAAPs is a big plus.
- Hands-on experience with MS-Office tools, accounting software, SQL, or power query. Similar tools are appreciated as well!
- German language skills are a strong plus but not essential.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Join an experienced highly motivated and fast-moving team
- The ability to shape the product success within the market of a quickly growing startup
- The hardware you need to do the job in the best way possible
- Contribute to and share the company's success