Moss is the modern corporate credit card and spend management platform. We are a group of serial entrepreneurs and Fintech experts driven by our mission to enable businesses to master their finances. After solidifying a total of €55 million in funding, we continue to pave the way for next-generation B2B spending, empowering our customers to make informed cash flow decisions. To this day we have 100’s of live customers, we're awarded Fintech of the year in 2020, and have a team in place with experience building out foundations of numerous successful Fintech companies.
You will assume responsibility over Moss’s underwriting department, leveraging our innovative underwriting methods and technologies for the credit assessment of Moss' business customers. Besides establishing scalable and effective underwriting structures and processes, you will lead a team of experienced underwriters across our markets. You will be responsible for ensuring day-to-day funnel performance as well as designing and implementing the future of underwriting at Moss. In this role you will report directly to our COO and work closely with our Risk Management Team to maintain our best-in-class default rate and contribute to the continuous development of our credit products, thereby guaranteeing a competitive edge.
What you will do:
- Take ownership of defining Moss’s underwriting roadmap and operational performance across all markets in which Moss offers its credit products. Besides Germany and the Netherlands this will soon include additional markets.
- Work directly with our COO and leadership team.
- Continuously define, develop and implement improvements to methodology, processes and tooling, contributing to improved performance and efficiency of our underwriting function.
- Monitor customer credit, fraud, and chargeback trends to detect anomalies and risk management levers on a portfolio level and ensure we reach our default targets.
- Build, develop and lead a team of experienced underwriters, supporting our customer growth ambitions during initial underwriting, monitoring and ongoing reviews.
- Interact with key internal stakeholders in Risk Management, Sales, Customer Success, Engineering and Product as well as key partners to achieve the best outcomes for our customers.
What you bring to the table:
- 5 years+ of professional experience in a fast-paced environment including professional financial services, consulting, underwriting and/or commercial lending.
- Prior working experience at a scale-up fintech, payments, lending, banking, or financial institution, preferred.
- Knowledge in evaluating credit risk, preferably in the context of small- and medium-sized businesses, based on 3rd party data, credit reports, financial statements, and other unique customer attributes.
- A successful track record in building and leading high performing teams, with proven leadership abilities in mentoring, coaching and motivating team members.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, hands-on mentality and ability to independently take ownership of a critical business function
- Process-oriented mindset, constantly striving to improve systems, processes and tools with a view on increased efficiency and effectiveness