The role, your team and your mission
Moss has a truly unique position in the European market by providing real credit cards, with real credit lines, to Small & Medium sized businesses (SMBs). Your mission will be to help Moss progress in three key areas
Together with our team of developers and data scientists you will be working hand in hand with our world class team of risk analysts and operations team. We are on an incredible growth trajectory, and our credit offering is at the core of it. You will have both the ownership of your team's roadmap as well as get the support and tools where you are empowered to make an impact and to develop along the way.
- Support in the payments institution’s risk management and controlling processes (identification, assessment, management, monitoring and communication)
- Control and improve our credit risk KPI’s, underwriting process and significant customer engagements
- Develop and implement a risk strategy, risk appetite statement, and the payment institutions RBC
- Develop methods for credit and non-financial risks, e. g. support in developing the Moss' credit portfolio model
- Monitor new regulatory requirements (e. g. ZAG, ECB-Guidelines, PSD2, MaRisk, CRR, etc.) and evaluation of their impact on Moss
- Contribute in (regulatory, product and credit risk related) cross-functional projects
- Prepare risk analyses and report directly to Head of Risk and the Management Board enabling them to make sound business decisions
- Support the creation of new product processes and the review and implementation of new requirements for risk management
- Conduct regularly statistical validations of methods and credit risk procedures
What you bring to the table
- Degree in studies with a finance, economics or business & risk management background
- 3+ years of experience in areas of (Credit) Risk Management/Risk Controlling, ideally in a bank, a BaFin-regulated company, or an audit company
- Outstanding hands-on/execution mentality and problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and a customer-centric orientation.
- Total ownership mindset.
- Strong process and scalability orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up, fluid environment while performing multiple tasks and ensuring high quality, error free output.
- Must be confident, calm under pressure and possess influencing skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a growing start-up, team-oriented, international, and multi-cultural environment.
- Fintech as experience is a (big) plus
- Credit underwriting experience is a plus
What you'll get
- A competitive compensation package that offers a shared ownership in the business’ success.
- Join a supportive and senior Risk & Data team (with an average of 10+ years Risk & Data experience).
- Work in a dynamic and inclusive environment.
- Work with a highly motivated and fast-moving Ops, Underwriting and Product team.
- The ability to shape your product’s success within a quickly growing startup.
- The hardware you need to do the job in the best way possible.