The NEAR Foundation is hiring for an Analyst or Senior Analyst of Business Intelligence. The BI team helps to drive actionable insight and strategic thought partnership within the Foundation.
This is a pivotal role in powering data-driven intelligence which will build NEAR's analytics function both internally and externally. You will build out a set of open source dashboards and tools and create actionable narratives from them which you will present internally and across the ecosystem. As the primary builder and maintainer of the NF Analytics presence, you'll also be a leader of (and get support from) the broader NEAR analytics community. This role helps everyone understand what's happening within the NEAR ecosystem and what they can do to help the cause.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate compelling actionable insights from data analysis and present them on a recurring basis both internally and externally to our ecosystem.
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting.
- Build and automate performance dashboards, including leading and maintaining the one at explorer.near.org/stats.
- Develop SQL queries and data visualizations to fulfill ad-hoc analysis requests and ongoing reporting needs
- Execute advanced analytics projects to guide timely decision making and accelerate optimization cycles
- Source, coordinate and direct the work of developers as needed to fulfill these tasks
- Support and coordinate the NEAR analytics community.
- 4+ years of background from consulting, Investment banking, fintech/payments company and/or other high growth organization with operational experience in a quantitative or analytical role.
- Ability to effectively communicate actionable data-driven insights to all audiences. Ability to demystify measurement and translate data to consumable, relatable stories. Communication -- turning data into digestible, actionable insights about the ecosystem -- is the most important part of this role.
- Strong SQL, Python or R, and Excel skills; Experience with Looker, or other data visualization tools
- Strong analytical skills set: ability to identify and isolate trends, and connect them to customer behavioral patterns, and business impacts.
- Experience building data pipelines, running SQL queries and updating/ building dashboards, etc. \Expert SQL Proficiency.
- Self-starter and resourceful mindset with a passion to learn and succeed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.