NEAR Foundation is searching for a Chief Marketing Officer. This is the opportunity to join a stellar team building a new frontier in the future of the internet and the Open Web. At this stage of NEAR’s exciting growth journey, we seek an experienced marketing leader to support us in becoming the most active decentralized blockchain-based ecosystem and bringing NEAR mainstream.
This role as CMO is fundamental to the overall success of NEAR as it passes through a critical period of exponential growth. Working cross-functionally across the Foundation, you will define and execute the marketing strategy to boost demand from end users, developers, project founders and community members, using a wide range of channels across the broader Crypto ecosystem.
The position is based in Zug, Switzerland, and will report directly to the CEO.
Lead and manage all marketing activities for NEAR Foundation to drive a period of rapid and sustained growth.
- Design, develop and execute an overall marketing strategy that drives growth and adoption amongst both users and developers in the NEAR ecosystem, to bring it mainstream.
- Manage a budget and allocate funds efficiently and effectively, providing marketing with the right tools and content to achieve goals and meet KPIs.
- Build and develop an increased understanding of NEAR’s user and developer communities (profile, motivators, etc.) and continuously leverage this knowledge to inform strategy.
Ensure NEAR is a recognized, understood brand (all brand-related points under)
- Unify Brand organization (channels (PR/comms/social), digital strategy, copywriting, and brand operations) within the NEAR Foundation with one strategic vision.
- Raise awareness of NEAR by building a marketing story that ties the teams and wider community together.
Get the right message at the right time to each segment. Segments include devs, users, projects, investors and channels.
- Design and execute messaging across PR, Web, Brand, Social Media and Events (Meetups, Townhalls and NEAR events).
- Develop product marketing, supporting market and product research, positioning, and go-to-market programs. Drive competitive analyses and ideal partner profiling.
- Responsible for demand generation, increasing lead pipeline and conversion rates, strategy, SEO and influencer marketing, and automating the segmenting and qualification process.
- Implement a measurable, metrics-driven approach to marketing, furthering understanding of user/developer experience to improve conversion across the funnel.
- Drive improved efficiencies of appropriate technologies for marketing automation, analysis and reporting.
Build a stellar team and drive partnerships across Near
- Lead, mentor, develop and grow the marketing team of circa 20 people, to enable accelerated growth and personal development. Identify the gaps in the ecosystem and understand how best to build the marketing team to fill these gaps.
- Highly intellectual with a clear sense of purpose and ambition.
- Extensive marketing expertise across B2C and B2B, both brand building and growth hacking, to bring new technology and products mainstream.
- Metrics-driven, with strong analytical skills. Deep experience of marketing to drive lead generation at scale, focusing on how marketing strategy impacts user/developer conversion across the funnel.
- Track record of leading growth with repeat expertise in professionalizing a marketing function.
- Significant leadership profile with prior experience in leading and developing diverse marketing teams at scale in a fast-paced crypto/gaming/fintech organization.
- Evidence of contributing to developing growth strategies and lead generation programs as an executive leader.
- Ability to operate at speed with agility in a rapidly evolving environment.
- A world-class team player with a global outlook; collaborates cross-functionally, exercises influence at senior levels, and builds alignment across goals and objectives.
- Ability to synthesize disparate information into effective strategies, innovate insights and translate complex ideas into actionable recommendations.
- Resourceful outlook, open-minded and eternally hands-on, team-oriented at all times, down to earth and fun to work with daily.
- A humble and ambitious team player who thrives in an environment of transparency and accountability.
- Experience in the blockchain or gaming industries would be beneficial, but not essential. A passion for blockchain, learning about space, and building the future of the internet is vital.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.