We are on the lookout for a Frontend Software Engineer with a knack for building scalable and maintainable modern web applications. There is a lot of independence and space to test your creative ideas in our environment, so we are looking for a self-driven and proactive specialist who is not afraid to take ownership.
At Neptune, we have a quite ambitious goal of becoming an MLOps standard for data scientists worldwide. Our platform is a metadata repository built for research and production teams that run multiple ML experiments. Don't worry, you don't need to have ML skills. Our customers handle that part.
We design Neptune to be extensible, flexible, and lightweight to ensure it fits any workflow and keeps up with this fast-paced field. Some of the things we do are pretty run-of-the-mill engineering work (REST, SQL, NoSQL + TypeScript, React), but often, we stumble upon a bigger challenge! After all, how many companies have implemented a custom scalable time-series storage moving data between various underlying storages, with the possibility to view and filter all of this in the UI in real-time?
Our tech stack:
- React (+ Redux)
- backend in Java (+ Spring), Scala, Kubernetes, Helm, containerization
- Google Cloud
In this role you will be:
- building the web UI application that is:
- Scalable: we aim to be the standard for data scientists and ML engineers around the world – there are quite a few of them;
- Portable: we offer both SaaS and on-prem installations. There are times when we need to be very lightweight;
- Flexible: Machine Learning is a very fast-paced field; we often need to adapt;
- cooperating with other Frontend Software Engineers helping them move forward when needed,
- choosing the tools we use. We’ll lean on your knowledge and expertise to select the best technologies and tools for a given task;
- participating in defining our web UI application’s architecture;
- implementing new features and improving the existing ones.
- Solid background in Computer Science;
- 3+ years of experience in building web UI applications with TypeScript and React;
- You perform an excellent code review;
- You’re always hungry for more knowledge – learning new things is natural for you; you do it constantly;
- Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts would be awesome – but is not a must.
- Flexibility: 100% remote work with an office in Warsaw available and flexible working hours;
- Share in our success: Participate in Employee Stock Option Plan and be part of our growth journey;
- Time off: 20 paid service-free days per year;
- Ownership and impact: Space to take action, bring your ideas to life, and make a real impact;
- Perks: Co-financing of private medical care and Multisport card, regular team building events, and free lunch when you’re at the office.
Check our ultimate guide for candidates to neptune.ai Engineering team.
Don’t hesitate to contact our Talent Acquisition Partner, Karolina, and take a look at our About us page to get to know the story and faces behind Neptune.
By applying, you consent for neptune.ai to process your personal data to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data will remain confidential and shared only with authorized personnel involved in the recruitment process. You have the right to access, rectify, or delete your personal data at anytime.
With your optional consent, we can retain your data for up to 12 months after the application to consider you for future suitable roles if you're not a match for the current position.