We are seeking an ambitious Software Engineering Manager to guide our software engineering team. As a company, we are a crew of approximately 50 individuals, with an Engineering team of over 20 specialists divided into focus groups supporting dedicated Product areas.
You'll leverage your expertise, ensuring smooth collaboration and creating a welcoming atmosphere. Besides that, you will support the team in making well-informed technical decisions.
At Neptune, we have quite an ambitious goal of becoming an MLOps standard for data scientists worldwide. Our platform is a lightweight experiment tracker for ML teams that struggle with debugging and reproducing experiments, sharing results, and messy model handover. Don’t worry, you don’t need to have ML skills. Our customers handle that part.
We design Neptune to be extensible, flexible, and lightweight to ensure it fits any workflow and keeps up with this fast-paced field. Some of the things we do are pretty run-of-the-mill engineering work (REST, SQL, NoSQL + TypeScript, React), but often, we stumble upon a greater challenge!
Our tech stack:
- React (+ Redux)
- backend in Java (+ Spring), Scala, Kubernetes, Helm, containerization
- Google Cloud
In this role, you will:
- manage a team of about ten software engineers,
- oversee, support, and help to improve delivery workflow,
- help team members grow, stay motivated, and solve potential problems,
- ensure effective cooperation with the Product Team,
- support Tech Leads in making informed technical decisions,
- take part in hiring new people for the team.
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development, with at least 3 years in roles involving people management;
- Degree in Computer Science or other related field;
- Good interpersonal skills, high level of empathy, and the ability to solve conflicts;
- Experience in leading or working with teams developing reliable distributed systems;
- Good technical judgment when it comes to making significant software design decisions (together with Tech Leads and other engineers);
- Proactivity and autonomy – you can influence, discuss, research, and decide without supervision.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts would be awesome – but it is not a must.
- Flexibility: 100% remote work with an office in Warsaw available and flexible working hours;
- Share in our success: Participate in Employee Stock Option Plan and be part of our growth journey;
- Time off: 20 paid service-free days per year;
- Ownership and impact: Space to take action, bring your ideas to life, and make a real impact;
- Perks: Co-financing of private medical care and Multisport card, regular team building events, and free lunch when you’re at the office.
Check our ultimate guide for candidates to neptune.ai Engineering team.
Don’t hesitate to contact our Talent Acquisition Partner, Karolina, and take a look at our About us page to get to know the story and faces behind Neptune.
By applying, you consent for neptune.ai to process your personal data to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data will remain confidential and shared only with authorized personnel involved in the recruitment process. You have the right to access, rectify, or delete your personal data at anytime.
With your optional consent, we can retain your data for up to 12 months after the application to consider you for future suitable roles if you’re not a match for the current position.