What are we all about?
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Gnosis Chain, Aave, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP's and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
You can view all our open positions here: https://jobs.nethermind.io/
Do you have a passion for verification and programming language semantics? Do you want to work at the bleeding edge of crypto, securing the Ethereum ecosystem? Do you want to help shape the future of Decentralized Finance?
We are hiring formal verification engineers to work with other teams at Nethermind as well as external customers (code name: Synnax) to fulfill a wide range of formal verification needs within the Ethereum ecosystem. We’re looking for team players, with a keen eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Work with other teams and external customers to design formal specifications of languages, compilers, smart contracts, etc...
- Produce clean and efficient specifications based on documentation and communications with stakeholders.
- Use a proof assistant to prove a wide array of different properties of these specifications.
- Extract property testers and formally verified utilities from these specifications.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Background in computer science.
- Background in formal language semantics and verification.
- Background in functional programming, preferably some experience with proof assistants, particularly Lean.
- Ability and desire to learn new programming languages and understand their specification e.g. Cairo, Solidity, Yul, etc...
- Knowledge of compilers.
- Understanding of computational theory, Turing Machines, Complexity.
- Experience with software design and development.
- Strong reasoning skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good English.
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity
We are always on the lookout for talent!
If what we do excites you, but none of the current open positions match your background, we encourage you to send us your CV at email@example.com
Join our growing and active community of 2000+ developers on our Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/PaCMRFdvWT