What are we all about?
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP's and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
Today, there are 100+ of us distributed across the world.
You can view all our open positions here: https://jobs.nethermind.io/
The role of our Protocol Engineering team is to build a state of the art Ethereum execution client.
- R&D working culture
- Designing and building distributed and fault-tolerant systems
- An appreciation of scalable, high availability and low latency architectures
- Implementing networking layer and P2P protocols
- Processing and management of large data sets with strict real-time performance requirements
- Opportunity to work with the top software engineers and research professionals to solve the toughest technical challenges
- Improve the efficiency of or rewrite modules
- Software performance optimization
- Work with the latest .NET 6
- Ability to implement efficient algorithms and design complex data structure
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills (C# preferred) but will also highly consider Java and C++
- Strong computer science background
- An understanding of good software architecture
- Ability to write clean, testable and maintainable code without over engineering
- An entrepreneurial nature, willing to take ownership and run towards problems
Examples of projects the team are currently working on:
- R&D of Verkle Trees to improve efficiency of state management in Ethereum
- Design and implementation of Snap Sync protocol that improves speed of Ethereum node synchronization over the network
- The Merge - design, implementation and migration from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake
- Performance improvements to internal virtual machine (EVM)
- Improvements to memory management
- Design and implementation of efficient and robust data stores and caching
- Plus many more hard engineering problems to cut your teeth into
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Competitive rates
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity
We are always on the lookout for talent!
If what we do excites you, but none of the current open positions match your background, we encourage you to send us your CV at email@example.com
Join our growing and active community of 1000+ developers on our Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/PaCMRFdvWT