NewsWhip’s technology predicts the events and stories getting traction online anywhere in the world. Our platforms are used daily by the world’s leading brands, PR agencies and media companies to understand and predict trends in content sharing.
NewsWhip is the world’s leader at tracking and demystifying the spread of news, information and ideas between people online. We license access to our technology to the world’s most sophisticated brands, Communications agencies and media. Our customers are based in more than 25 countries and include Samsung, McDonald’s, Ogilvy, New York Times and the World Health Organization.
The Senior Account Executive role is a consultative, solutions-oriented sales opportunity that involves demonstrating our platform to qualified leads, gathering customer needs, meeting with and ultimately closing partnerships with clients at brands, media organisations, agencies and political associations.
NewsWhip clients include McDonald’s, Samsung, the New York Times and the World Health Organisation.
This is predominantly an inside sales role, focused on selling to customers across Europe and Asia through shared screen and phone. There will also be an in-person component, involving meeting with our higher value potential customers primarily in London and other European cities, and occasionally traveling to conferences in Europe.
The ideal candidate will know SaaS, technology and have sold to brands. Other key industries where experience would be beneficial includes the PR industry, media, content marketing and social media.
The AE will take time to understand customers’ challenges and pain points, and be ready to show how NewsWhip can improve their business process and bottom line and solve their problems.
With technology and support from our product team, they will help transform our customers’ workflows and business practices.
If you love social media, news, Communications and brand marketing, and are passionate about providing cutting-edge solutions in those areas, this role could be for you.
- Manage the full sales process from qualified lead to after sales monitoring
- Demonstrate our technology, through share screen, telephone, and in person
- Understand client needs in the new world of digital/social content
- Deliver sales pitches, presentations, proposals, price quotes and service agreements
- Negotiate pricing for our more complex agreements
- Meet service activity, touchpoint, new business, revenue and retention targets
- Share use cases and success stories with our marketing team
- Consistently track and update sales and customer success activities via our CRM tools
- Provide leadership and guidance to any Business Development Representatives who work with you
The right candidates will:
- Have at least 3-5 years inside sales experience at a SaaS, Marketing, PR, Social, or Content company
- Be a top performer, with a track record of outperforming peers by exceeding new business and revenue targets
- Be intellectually curious – NewsWhip is building the future, and you’ll have an input
- Have experience effectively using and reporting via CRM tools
- Thrive in a collaborative startup environment
- Have a real interest in news and social media
NewsWhip is a technology company that recognises the importance of our sales team. We will support you vigorously, and do everything we can to empower your work.
- Competitive salary
- Strong commission plan
- ESOP Participation – a share of the upside you create
- Remote first
- Opportunity to travel overseas for networking events, meetings
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Ireland’s most exciting companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip, with offices in Dublin and New York, is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We monitor millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
We are an ambitious and growing software company, funded by the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press. Our customers include media organisations such as the New York Times, agencies including Ogilvy and Edelman, Brands including Ford and Samsung and governments including the UK, France and Singapore.