NewsWhip is a fast-growing Irish-founded software company. Our technology predicts the events and stories getting traction online anywhere in the world. Our platforms are used daily by the world’s leading brands, PR agencies and media companies to understand and predict trends in content sharing. Our customers are based in more than 25 countries and include Samsung, McDonald’s, Ogilvy, the New York Times and the World Health Organization.
Currently, we have 43 employees based in Dublin and 18 in New York and are now operating a ‘Remote First’ or Hybrid model.
We are looking for a talented and organised Finance Associate to join our Finance team in Dublin. This is a diverse role and offers wide-ranging experience and responsibilities.
Working closely with the Finance Manager, you will provide support across a broad range of Finance functions. You will assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, have responsibility Accounts Payable and provide support to the wider Finance and Operations team with AR, taxation, payroll and other matters. This role will suit an enthusiastic, detail-oriented and versatile finance professional.
If you are someone who is seeking growth and the chance to learn in a highly supportive environment, this may be the perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level at a fast-growing company.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting process to Trial Balance stage, ensuring all transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner.
- Preparation and posting of monthly journal entries including accruals, prepayments, depreciation and revenue.
- Maintaining detailed Balance sheet reconciliations for relevant accounts.
- Manage AP process including receipt and posting of invoices into ledgers, reconciling accounts and dealing with queries.
- Maintaining the AP ledger and reconciling payments on a weekly basis.
- Posting of Bank (incl. Credit Cards) transactions on a weekly basis and reconciling receipts and payments as part of AP/AR processes.
- Monthly reconciliation of Bank balances.
- Managing Credit Card reconciliation process including providing reports to card-holders on a weekly basis and coordinating the gathering and filing of receipts.
- Assist with the annual audit process.
- Preparation of VAT and VIES returns and assistance with other Taxation related tasks.
- Provide support to the Accounts Receivable process.
- Support with payroll processes including payroll analysis and pension reconciliations.
- Assisting across the Finance Team as required with other ad-hoc duties as assigned including forecasting/budgeting.
- A qualified or nearly qualified accountant with at least 2 years’ experience working in a fast paced and varied role.
- Analytically minded with good financial acumen.
- A strong attention to detail and an organised approach and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work to own initiative.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a successful team.
- Experience using Xero is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent bonus for individual and team performance
- Health insurance
- Great working environment - remote first or hybrid model
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.