Product Manager - Data & Insights
NewsWhip seeks a Product Manager to join our growing Product Team. This is a pivotal role with a unique opportunity to shape and change how the world’s leading brands, agencies and publishers understand and influence media and public interest.
Data and Insights are foundational to NewsWhip’s product value. Our customers choose NewsWhip to quickly answer important questions about rapidly evolving issues and topics in the media and social landscape. Surfacing the right data with the most valuable realtime insights is core to our value. The Product Manager will join the Insights team creating value for our customers by understanding and solving their problems with great data driven solutions.
We are looking for a passionate product manager who loves working in brilliant teams to grow a market winning analytics product. Driven by clear understanding of our vision for insights and our customers priority needs, the PM will work closely with the product and engineering teams, to prioritise, plan and deliver valuable new features .
- Work with the Insights Product Lead, Design and Engineering teams to translate the Insights vision and strategic objectives into candidate opportunities for value creation
- Validate prioritised opportunities through a combination of market insight, continuous client research, internal collaboration and performance analysis
- Identify & shape the most valuable product bets to invest in and set clear goals to measure impact and learn.
- Lead product development of each bet, incorporating user-centred design and an agile experimentation & delivery process. Adopt a collaborative and empowering approach to problem-solving by the team, aligned to a clear product focus. Communicate progress, challenges and needs to internal team and leadership.
- Represent product and user needs in engineering-led initiatives at the data platform and sources layers. Provide context on the related strategic objectives and target outcomes to ensure technical investment is aligned with product priorities.
- Collaborate with marketing and frontline teams to define and execute the go to market plan (including comms, training and customer support processes) on feature releases
- Act as product expert across the business, supporting marketing, sales and customer success
- Work with insights analyst to measure and enhance product impact throughout the product lifecycle, optimising performance KPIs including usage and impact on customer value
The right candidate will have:
- 4 years+ Product management experience in a data-oriented product environment straddling customer discovery to feature delivery
- Strong data analytics background with a demonstrated ability to translate business needs relating to decision making and insights into valuable and impactful data-oriented product features.
- Experience building and designing products that utilise both real time as well as batch data streams at scale.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex data products and experience in collaborating with engineering teams on related platform & data initiatives
- Experience developing innovative solutions by approaching problems collaboratively with curiosity and open mindedness, using hypotheses and experimentation to validate approaches.
- Analytical and results-oriented. Committed to validating the impact of product developments and can make recommendations based on data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting at all levels in the organisation and to key external customers.
- Flexible and collaborative - willing to adapt in response to changing customer needs and priorities. Comfortable working across a shared product platform where communication and teamwork are critical
- Self-motivated and ambitious - adopts best practice ways of working to maximise impact both personally and from the team.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent bonus scheme for individual and team performance
- Health insurance
- Great working environment - remote first or hybrid model
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies