NewsWhip’s technology predicts the events and stories getting traction online anywhere in the world. Our platforms are used daily by the world’s leading brands, PR agencies and media companies to understand and predict trends in content sharing.
NewsWhip is the world’s leader at tracking and demystifying the spread of news, information and ideas between people online. We license access to our technology to the world’s most sophisticated brands, Communications agencies and media, and our customers are based in more than 25 countries.
The Senior Account Executive / Sales Director role is a consultative, solutions-oriented sales opportunity that involves demonstrating our platform to qualified leads, gathering customer needs, meeting with and ultimately closing partnerships with clients at brands, media organizations, agencies and political associations.
There will be an in-person component to this position, involving meeting with our higher value potential customers primarily in New York, and occasionally traveling to conferences in the United States.
The ideal candidate will know SaaS, technology and have sold to brands. Other key industries where experience would be beneficial includes the PR industry, media, content marketing and social media.
The Senior Account Executive will take time to understand customers’ challenges and pain points, and be ready to show how NewsWhip can improve their business process and bottom line and solve their problems.
With technology and support from our product team, they will help transform our customers’ workflows and business practices.
If you love social media, news, Communications and brand marketing, and are passionate about providing cutting-edge solutions in those areas, this role could be for you.
- Manage the full sales process from qualified lead to after sales monitoring
- Demonstrate our technology, through share screen, telephone, and in person
- Understand client needs in the new world of digital/social content
- Deliver sales pitches, presentations, proposals, price quotes and service agreements
- Negotiate pricing for our more complex agreements
- Meet service activity, touchpoint, new business, revenue and retention targets
- Share use cases and success stories with our marketing team
- Consistently track and update sales and customer success activities via our CRM tools
- Provide leadership and guidance to any Business Development Representatives who work with you
The right candidates will:
- Have at least 5+ years inside sales experience at a SaaS, Marketing, PR, Social, or Content company
- Be a top performer, with a track record of outperforming peers by exceeding new business and revenue targets
- Be intellectually curious – NewsWhip is building the future, and you’ll have an input
- Have experience effectively using and reporting via CRM tools
- Thrive in a collaborative startup environment
- Have a real interest in news and social media
NewsWhip is a technology company that recognises the importance of our sales team. We will support you vigorously, and do everything we can to empower your work.
- Competitive salary
- Strong commission plan
- Health cover and 401kGreat working environment: NYC and Virtual
- Opportunity to travel overseas for networking events, meetings
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of New York’s most exciting companies