NewsWhip is currently looking for a passionate and creative designer to join our team and partner with our marketing and product teams. The successful candidate will have a creative flair, great attention to detail, ability to multitask and develop marketing materials that adhere to the NewsWhip brand guidelines.
The candidate will enjoy the challenge of bringing the NewsWhip brand to life across a range of formats, from print to digital. You will be responsible for developing various types of creative content to support the company’s strategic goals.
- Maintain our brand standards and consistency across all platforms, keeping brand/style guides and templates up-to-date.
- Working with our marketing team on the design and maintenance of our customer-facing website: newswhip.com.
- Deliver new creative ideas and concepts and keep up-to-date with emerging design trends.
- Strong creative ability, working across a multitude of materials such as sales materials, leaflets, brochures, reports, posters, pop-up banners, presentations, and event materials.
- Assist in the development of digital marketing assets such as display ads, newsletters and social content.
- Gathering design references, creating mood boards, and producing storyboards to communicate ideas to stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 years experience as a visual, brand, web or graphic designer
- Degree-level education in graphic / digital design or similar
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques for digital, interface, print and (optionally) motion.
- Strong design craft and layout skills, a passion for typography and impeccable attention to detail.
- A strong passion for both design and code
- A strong portfolio showcasing your work
- Experience working with WordPress websites
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud apps (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the one time and deliver a high standard of results.
- Experience working with Google Slides, Keynote or Powerpoint
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair that can be shared across the teams and help influence the design process.
- Working with design libraries
- Experience working with Figma, Mailchimp, Marketo
- Animation or motion graphics
- Photography & video production
What’s it in for you?
- Fully remote position – an opportunity for you to gain more value, flexibility, and work-life-balance in your career
- Ongoing one-on-one support and mentorship in all aspects of your role and development. While working primarily with marketing, this role will be part of the wider product design org collaborating with 4 experienced product & UX designers
- Fun, energetic, team-oriented work environment that makes you excited to go to work every day
- Competitive salary
- Great working environment in Dublin’s city centre, if you would like to work in an office environment
- Health insurance
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.