NewsWhip is the world’s leader at tracking and predicting the spread of news and information online. Our technology is used daily by the world's most sophisticated brands, communications agencies and newsrooms, with customers based in more than 25 countries.
We are a hybrid working company with our US offices based in midtown NY. Our culture is purpose-driven, collaborative, and we have big ambitions for establishing our technology as a communications profession standard.
The company has grown to eight figures of ARR with strong unit economics, new funding, and a large market opportunity ahead. We’re looking for the right CRO to lead our commercial functions through our next growth phase.
As our Chief Revenue Officer, you will be a key member of our executive team, reporting to the CEO and working alongside our People, Product and Finance leaders. You will play a pivotal role in the company's growth by developing and implementing a joined up framework encompassing our marketing, sales and customer success functions, and be the key person responsible for leading our revenue function, managing and enabling our commercial managers, particularly our VPs of Sales, CS and Marketing.
As NewsWhip’s Chief Revenue Officer you will:
- Build Revenue Systems. Define and implement processes that ensure predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales, expansion and renewal outputs to meet the Company’s revenue growth targets
- Set Standards. Establish performance management expectations and frameworks, and guide our managers toward achieving consistently excellent results from their teams
- Lead. Be both leader and manager of our commercial managers, with over 50% of the company’s headcount (and over 40 people) in your org
- Hit Targets. Be accountable and responsible for meeting the Company’s revenue targets, with support from the rest of the Company’s leadership
- Input. As the ranking representative of the commercial function of the company you’ll input to product strategy, company strategy, and almost all key decisions
- Stay on top of the numbers. Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, through reporting, dashboards, and tracking channels to provide actionable insight to the Executive Team and the Board
- Participate on the Team. You’ll be a key member of our leadership team, and you’ll have energy ideas and help for those around you
- Build Trust. Develop relationships and partnerships with key existing and target clients, and help build awareness and trust among our ideal customer persona
- Get in the Weeds. Provide tactics and ideas to help move sales opportunities, improve pipeline management, improve forecasting
What you will have/be:
- Have previously grown a SaaS / subscription business from the $10 - 15m to $30 - 100m range at a high velocity
- 10+ years in commercial leadership roles in SaaS or B2B information subscription businesses, driving and implementing revenue growth, with at least 5 years spent in Sales or managing Sales
- A track record of designing and implementing high growth GTM systems and processes, particularly on the Sales side of the business
- Track record of thoughtfully growing revenue through new business, expanding existing client accounts, pricing optimization, marketing, and partnerships
- Capability to motivate and lead a team focussed on high performance
- Ability to oversee strategic deals from prospecting to closing
- Experience in making decisions based on business metrics
- Ability to work, motivate a team, and perform well in a primarily remote first work environment
- Ability to deliver clear, concise, and reliable reporting on all activities to key stakeholders
- Work with the CEO to optimize existing revenue models and create new revenue streams
- Experience in sales and managing functions of a media monitoring technology is a plus
What we offer:
- Strong base salary with bonus and equity
- Compensation range from $250,000 - $550,000, comprising base salary, commission, and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid time off allowing 20 days leave + public holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Remote office benefits
What is distinctive about this CRO Role versus others?
NewsWhip is founded on the idea that analytics and quality data can lead to better decision making. Our customers share this philosophy, and it runs through how we work.
Our CRO must share this philosophy. They should be a systems thinker - data informed in their approach to management, process and prioritization. The revenue systems of a growth business will require constant evaluation, optimization and attention - the right candidate will be excited to get stuck into this work.
While we build systems, we’re also collaborators. We have a warm and high integrity culture, and believe this can be consistent with high standards and commercial success.
Other key traits we want to see:
- Curiosity. You are interested in our customers and their problems. You are interested in our products and how they are used. You approach problems seeking to find the truth, rather than prove your own point.
- Hands On. You will become a power user of our products. By 2 months in, you can do a good product demo.
- Entrepreneurial. We don’t have the deep layers of support - or bureaucracy - of a big company. That means you’ll have the most impact if you’re scrappy and can dig into solving problems - or when needed, crunching numbers - yourself.
Finally, we want to grow quickly but sustainably - closing customers that are the right fit, and will be around long term. The right CRO for this job will like operating within this constraint, and take pride in building a long term sustainable business.
More about NewsWhip
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We monitor millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
We are an ambitious and growing Irish software company, backed by the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press. Our customers include global brands, PR agencies, public institutions and media leaders.
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.