NewsWhip is the only real-time media monitoring platform that predicts the stories and topics that will matter in the hours ahead, giving communications professionals the clarity they need for quick and confident decisions. Our platforms are used daily by the world’s leading brands, PR agencies and media companies to understand and predict trends across all channels in the news and social media.
The Senior Account Executive role is a consultative, solutions-oriented sales role that involves identifying, qualifying and managing new business opportunities and customer expansions by understanding customer needs, demonstrating our platform to show how we help solve their challenges, engaging with key stakeholders, managing internal resources for support and ultimately closing partnerships with clients at brands, media organizations, agencies and not for profits.
There will be an in-person component to this position, involving meeting with our higher value potential customers, and occasionally traveling to conferences in the United States.
The ideal candidate will know SaaS, technology and have sold to brands. Other key industries where experience would be beneficial, includes the PR industry, media, content marketing and social media.
The Senior AE will take time to understand customers’ challenges and pain points, and be able to demonstrate how NewsWhip can improve their business process, bottom line and solve their problems.
With technology and support from our marketing, product, customer success and executive teams, the Senior Account Executive will help transform our customers’ workflows and business practices.
If you love social media, news, communications and brand marketing, and are passionate about providing cutting-edge solutions in those areas, this role could be for you.
- Identify and qualify new potential business opportunities on your target account list
- Strategically prospect and manage relationships with key stakeholders and personas including corporate communication executives; strategy, analytics and insight leaders, and crisis managers
- Manage the full sales process from qualified lead to post sales monitoring
- Demonstrate our technology (through share screen, telephone, and in person) in a way that is relevant to the use case and unique challenges of each customer
- Understand client needs in the new world of digital/social content
- Deliver sales pitches, presentations, proposals, price quotes and service agreements
- Negotiate pricing for our more complex agreements
- Meet revenue targets and KPIs including activity, pipeline creation and conversion rates
- Share use cases and success stories and challenges with our product and marketing team
- Consistently track and update sales and customer success activities via our CRM tools
- Provide leadership and guidance to any Business Development Representatives you work with
- Work closely with the Customer Success team in both the customer hand-off and expansion processes
The right candidates will:
- Have at least 5+ years sales experience at a SaaS, Marketing, PR, Social, or Content company
- Have previously worked in an early stage company and you know how to navigate to be successful including a fast moving landscape, adaptable to change, flexible and growth mindset
- Be a top performer, with a track record of outperforming peers by exceeding new business and revenue targets
- Be intellectually curious – NewsWhip is building the future, and you’ll have an input
- Have experience effectively using and reporting via CRM tools
- Thrive in a collaborative startup environment
- Have a real interest in news and social media
- Have a hunter mindset and come with experience of outreach, closing deals from start to finish and ideally have a strong book of contacts that you can engage in your new role
NewsWhip is a technology company that recognises the importance of our sales team. We will support you vigorously, and do everything we can to empower your work.
- Competitive salary
- Strong commission plan
- Health cover and 401kGreat working environment: NYC and Virtual
- Opportunity to travel overseas for networking events, meetings
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of New York’s most exciting companies
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.