Senior Product Designer
NewsWhip is the leading provider of predictive media intelligence, tracking and predicting engagement with the world’s news stories each day.
Our platform is used each day by communications professionals in the biggest global brands (Coca Cola, McDonald’s, Meta and Ford to name but a few), all 10 of the top 10 global PR agencies and journalists at hundreds of top tier publications, We are also used by many NGOs, academic organisations and not-for-profits.
As a SAAS company, our product, design and engineering functions are central to our business. Our design teams spearhead our user focus and our processes ensure we always put users at the centre of what we build. There is a direct link between your work, our customer impact and the continued success of NewsWhip.
Who we’re looking for:
At NewsWhip, design is a collaborative and thoughtful process – driven by customer insights.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with over 5 years experience building user-focused products including supporting an insight, analytics or reporting use case. Someone comfortable with user research and knows how to turn insights into opportunities and solutions.
We’re building an application, not just a list of features. We’re looking for designers who have experience building tools that people use every day to achieve their work tasks and goals. You’ll be working directly with a product manager and developers to establish an experience for new users that is smooth and engaging – helping them to become experts quickly.
At NewsWhip, you’ll never have to explain the need for research. From the top-down you’ll be expected to make design decisions informed by user research. You’ll have direct access to clients across the globe and what you learn from them will influence not only your own designs but our entire business strategy. You’ll also have direct access to our frontline and executive team who rely on customer insights to inform their business decisions. This really is a great opportunity for a designer who enjoys thinking strategically about their product.
We’re a collaborative crew. Designers work directly with their agile team, creating solutions alongside developers and Product Managers. Together you’ll be building tools that help our clients understand the fast-paced world of social media. You’ll have the expertise and confidence to lead your team from inception through to wireframes & prototypes. You will also be a key member of the design team - a guild of 6 design experts who collaborate and support each other on their individual projects and to continuously improve our design processes & capabilities. Together you will ensure an aligned approach to our overall product experience, concept model and design system.
What you’ll do:
- Own your problem space and take responsibility for shaping the problem, outlining a strategic solution and seeing it through iterative development of solutions for the most impactful related opportunities.
- Research directly with our clients; understanding their challenges and using feedback to design innovative solutions.
- Work with the product team to set the direction of your product.
- Design solutions from paper to pixel, using our component library to build and iterate.
- Run workshops both internally and externally.
- Create and run usability testing sessions with users.
- Collaborate with other designers, supporting each other with feedback and ideas.
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years product design experience from shaping an opportunity through to optimising a feature based on feedback & learnings: User Flows, Wireframes, Prototypes etc.
- Experience in a data oriented product company (e.g. reporting dashboards, analytics, insights applications)
- Comfortable with qualitative user research techniques and using quantitative usage analysis to inform decisions.
- Work that demonstrates your ability to understand complex challenges and produce useful solutions that have business impact.
- Experience running workshops with stakeholders.
- Experience writing, running and synthesising remote user tests.
- Comfortable working with a design system.
- Experience with industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma or Framer).
- Competitive salary
- Bonus for individual and team performance.
- Remote first working environment backed up with a great office in the heart of Dublin
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
More about NewsWhip:
NewsWhip is an ambitious Irish software company, focused on deepening our understanding of how and why people share and engage with news, information and ideas.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.