The role is to assist in relationship with lenders and manage the debt facilities of funds (listed and private) that invest in WiseEnergy's Solar PV Assets internationally.
The successful candidate will ensure consistency and accuracy of outputs, as well as delivering and maintaining a high degree of customer service (internal and external). In view of this, they will need to analyse complex financing documents, flag issues and support their resolution through to completion, and proactively drive continuous improvement within the Loan Management team.
The Debt Financing Specialist is expected to be able to undertake, for both construction and operational management of solar plants, the responsibilities outlined below with minimum supervision.
It is requested an advanced knowledge of Financial Modelling, with significant experience in managing and updating bank models, and strong financial analysis skills with the ability to review, understand project finance and other forms of debt facility agreements, audited financial accounts, management accounts and financial forecasts.
- Assisting clients in the processes of financing/ refinancing with lenders (e.g. preparing/ reviewing teaser/info memo, reviewing TS and bank financial model), coordinating the client’s and lenders’ advisors, as well as other internal teams in Wise that have to contribute to these processes
- Ownership of responsibility for loan facility periodic reporting and covenant compliance
- Acting as lead contact for debt related matters internally and externally
- Interpreting complex financing documents (facility agreements, security documents, accounts agreements) and advising internally on requirements and restrictions
- Updating bank financial models and calculating financial ratios for covenant compliance
- Preparing waiver and consent requests, as well as event driven lender communications
- Coordinating internal providers of inputs (e.g. financial controllers, engineers, PPA teams) to consolidate information on asset performance for timely lender reporting
- Participating in periodic meetings and providing status updates on debt related matters
- Managing relationship with lenders, legal advisors as well as external clients
- Providing support to Investment teams on analysis of debt facility and ad-hoc requirements (ex. facility amendments, renewal, refinancing) as and when necessary
- Work in conjunction with Fund Management teams on market reporting requirements
- Calculating distributions and undertaking sensitivity analysis on fund dividend cover
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Time management & prioritization skills - things can get a little hectic, so the ability to effectively manage yourself and your workload is critical
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (in English or/and other European languages) - you must be able to organize your thoughts in a way that others find clear and compelling. You will be expected to together well-written, grammatically correct emails and other communications. When communicating verbally – whether over the phone, on video calls, in person or in meetings – you will need to be articulate, warm and engaging
- Flexibility - being an effective team player means being flexible in your approach and open to getting involved with new things, even if they are not spelt out in your job description
- Intellectual Curiosity – we are looking for someone who is truly interested in our profession and has the intellectual curiosity to delve deep into topics and bring fresh ideas to the team
- IT Literacy - you need to be comfortable with IT systems and working with data (you should have at least intermediate-level excel)
- Delivery focus – it may sound obvious, but the ability to proactively churn through work at pace and deliver quality outputs really matters
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for our mission ‘to generate a more sustainable future by leading the transition to clean energy
- Our values: be a leader, build trust, be responsible, be innovative and ‘bring your alpha’.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's or master’s degree. Attained or progressing a finance related Professional Qualification (ex. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA) is a plus
- +5 years in a similar role as a financial advisor, bank or asset manager covering renewable energies market
- Exposure to EU jurisdiction or experience with US tax equity investments is desirable
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft packages (with key focus on Excel) with the ability to learn quickly other relevant systems
WHAT WE OFFER (UK)
- A busy role in a supportive team, with plenty of opportunities to learn
- International scope – we operate in over 8 countries
- Hybrid working – we will need you in the office at least twice a week, but you will normally be able to work remotely for the remainder of the week
- Annual discretionary bonus
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link to apply or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have been shortlisted for the next stage, we will be in contact within 14 days.
By selecting “Apply” or sending us your CV, you indicate you have read and acknowledged NextEnergy Group’s Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our approach to diversity and inclusion is a natural extension of our values. Our entrepreneurial culture inspires us to try new things, be open to different viewpoints and be bold. Our Group is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness that values difference and gives space for individual expression. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent and hard work form the bedrock of who we are and who we aspire to be.
We are committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity irrespective of race, color, ancestry, social background, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability and gender identity.