As a market-oriented expert in green hydrogen, this person will work as part of Starlight’s international development team to support the development of green hydrogen projects.
This professional will be responsible for the analysis of green hydrogen projects and for providing technical and commercial optimization suggestions. Moreover, they will work closely with the development team of Starlight to understand the technical and market-related requirements of green hydrogen projects and translate them into financial models, market strategies and business case proposals.
With reference to the green hydrogen opportunities, and the different geographies (so far Italy, UK, Greece, Romania and Canada) in which Starlight operates, as well as in other potential countries, this professional will be asked to provide support in the following areas:
- Business Development: technology studies, preliminary project evaluation, gathering information on the specific applicable regulatory framework, selection of external advisors, support in the negotiation of development services agreements and consultancy contracts for the development of green hydrogen projects;
- Project Development: interaction with all parties involved, in particular with the consultants for the origination and then development of specific projects for producing green hydrogen. This activity is closely related to the previous one and implies the involvement and support in contractual and corporate aspects;
- M&A Transactions: Starlight could be involved in the acquisition of projects rather than the sale of them once they are ready to be built . The professional will provide support to the internal M&A team, interacting with other internal and external counterparties in the financial, technical and legal areas.
- Market Analysis and Opportunity Assessment:
- Conduct in-depth market research on the green hydrogen sector, identifying market trends, growth prospects, relevant regulatory framework changes and business opportunities in different countries;
- Evaluate and monitor the competitiveness of green hydrogen, identifying advantages and potential risks.
- Business Case Development:
- Create detailed business cases for green hydrogen production projects, considering financial, technical, and economic aspects;
- Assess investment costs, cash flows, financial returns, and payback periods for the proposed projects;
- Analyze potential public incentives, financing options, and support mechanisms for green hydrogen projects.
- Partnership Identification and Collaboration Strategies:
- Evaluate collaboration opportunities with other stakeholders in the sector, such as technology providers, renewable energy producers, transportation companies, and industries interested in utilizing green hydrogen;
- Identify potential strategic partners and establish collaborative relationships for the development and execution of green hydrogen projects.
- Environmental Sustainability and Regulatory Assessment:
- Analyze the environmental and sustainability aspects associated with green hydrogen production, assessing environmental impact, carbon emission reduction, and integration with sustainable development goals;
- Monitor and understand relevant regulations, policies, and government regulations related to green hydrogen, providing insights on compliance and the evolving regulatory framework.
- Strategic Consulting and Decision Support:
- Actively identify and participate to conferences and take part to lobbying activities to make green hydrogen projects feasible in the selected target countries;
- Provide strategic consulting to the management team on expanding operations in the green hydrogen sector, offering key recommendations and decision support based on market analysis and developed business cases.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
To be successful in this role, the professional will have to demonstrate:
- Excellent project management skills;
- Superb stakeholder management and influencing skills;
- Ability to compile and present data clearly, attractively concisely and in a way that others find compelling and easy to digest (using PowerPoint as well as tools such as PowerBi);
- Ability to balance priorities;
- Good commercial understanding of the sector;
- IT Literacy - they should have the interest in technology, including AI and show the aptitude to bring this into the specific role and projects of responsibility to then deliver. It is not required to be a technologist but technically literate and curious about the possibilities that technology;
- Delivery focus – it may sound obvious, but the ability to proactively churn through work at pace and deliver quality outputs really matters;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Passion for our mission ‘to generate a more sustainable future by leading the transition to clean energy;
- Feel our values: be a leader, build trust, be responsible, be innovative and ‘bring your alpha’.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business, engineering or a related field (Master's degree preferred);
- Proven experience in financial modelling (DCF modelling) and analysis, preferably in the renewable energy or hydrogen sector;
- Strong understanding of energy/gas market dynamics, electricity/gas pricing structures, and grid/pipes;
- Knowledge of green hydrogen technologies and their integration with renewable energy systems;
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in financial modelling software and Microsoft Excel. Valuable programming experience (VBA, python, R);
- Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively convey financial analysis and recommendations;
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and interact with technical and legal experts;
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks and policies related to green hydrogen energy;
- Fluent in English and possibly one of the following languages: Italian, Spanish, German and French.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting opportunity to collaborate with a growing team;
- Competitive remuneration;
- International scope – we operate in almost 10 different countries
- Hybrid collaboration – we will require to be in the assigned office at least 2 days a week.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link to apply or send your application to email@example.com. If you have been shortlisted for the next stage, we will be in contact within 14 days.
By selecting “Apply” or sending us your CV, you indicate you have read and acknowledged NextEnergy Group’s Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our approach to diversity and inclusion is a natural extension of our values. Our entrepreneurial culture inspires us to try new things, be open to different viewpoints and be bold. Our Group is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness that values difference and gives space for individual expression. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent and hard work form the bedrock of who we are and who we aspire to be.
We are committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity irrespective of race, color, ancestry, social background, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability and gender identity.