WiseEnergy is a trusted and established solar asset manager, offering all the services clients require to manage and optimise large-scale solar plants, from development and construction through to long-term operational asset management. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate finance professional to support the delivery of finance asset management services to one of our most important clients in multiple international jurisdictions.
We are looking for someone who genuinely cares about the people they work with, naturally seeks to collaborate, and enjoys the buzz of good camaraderie. Although, as with all finance roles, you will need to have exceptional attention to detail, this role is not suitable for someone wanting to lock themselves away – you will need the right balance of introversion and extroversion to be comfortable in this role. In other words, you will be a key member of the team who can build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The role is a mid-level role and will be expected to be part of the team to manage the finance operations for our assets in USA. You will also be expected to manage the finance operations for other regions as required either as a lead or supporting role.
For most of our assets in multiple regions, the current model is to oversee deliverables from outsourced service providers. As scale increases, the model is set to evolve with some of the regions setting up offices locally. This role is then expected to support the provision of financial services out of those markets.
Reporting to the Finance Manager based in London, the successful role holder will work with other accountants and professionals from other functions of the business. From time to time the successful candidate may be asked to perform tasks at the same level within our other range of funds/clients.
We have offices in multiple locations; however this role would be from our office in London, UK and we have a hybrid working model between working from the office and remotely. The hybrid arrangement is to be discussed and agreed with your line manager on a continuous basis and subject to changes.
There is an expectation of consistency and accuracy of outputs, as well as delivering and maintaining a high degree of customer service (internal and external). In view of this, you will be expected to appropriately flag issues and support their resolution through to the end and proactively drive continuous improvement.
- Verifying the documents against the onboarding checklist and cross-checking information availability in the virtual data room.
- Undertake KYC documentations and all applicable administrative & finance applications.
- Support on closing M&A activities.
Accounting & Reporting
- Preparation and assisting in review of periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc) management accounts of SPVs and Holding companies ensuring accounting records are maintained to a high quality.
- Assisting in delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting pack.
- Support in the production of a monthly and quarterly Clearance Dashboard (portfolio level operational review) to assess the performance of the SPVs.
- Coordinating with stakeholders to maintain track of financial deliverables internally within the Group and externally to lenders, investors, external clients (if any).
- Assist in ERP implementation to onboard the SPVs from contractors.
- Assist in managing relationship with auditors providing all necessary deliverables and address audit & accounting issues.
- Assist in providing inputs for annual operating budget and review updates to budget on quarterly basis.
- Managing the AP mailbox to ensure timely payments.
- Manage all invoicing and payment processes.
- Full ownership and tracking of cash and maintaining liquidity forecasts.
- Preparation of fund management report to manage cash flow at Holding entities.
Systems and Processes
- Assist in documenting, designing and implementing systems (ERP, payments) and processes (control processes).
- Ensure all documentations are stored in an orderly format in common share drive.
- Mantain the tracker for all local tax compliance matters supporting the appointed tax advisors ensuring they are filed before the due dates.
- Ensure all tax payments (like property taxes, etc.) are reviewed and made timely.
- Collaborate with other Wise delivery functions – Technical and Commercial - within the jurisdictions named above (and others assigned in the future).
- Given the dynamic nature of our business in the early-stage sector we operate in, the successful candidate is seen picking up ad hoc tasks as part of the team’s agility to provide the best service to its range of clients.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Excellent project management skills
- Superb stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Ability to compile and present data clearly, attractively concisely and in a way that others find compelling and easy to digest
- Ability to balance priorities
- Good commercial understanding of the sector
- IT Literacy - you should have the interest in technology, including AI and show the aptitude to bring this into your role and the projects you are accountable for delivering. You do not need to be a technologist yourself but you must be technically literate and curious about the possibilities that technology
- Delivery focus – it may sound obvious, but the ability to proactively churn through work at pace and deliver quality outputs really matters
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for our mission ‘to generate a more sustainable future by leading the transition to clean energy
- Our values: be a leader, build trust, be responsible, be innovative and ‘bring your alpha’.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- ACCA/ ACA/CA qualification or similar
- Budgeting, forecasting and reporting skills
- Experience of multiple GAAPs (IFRS, US GAAP)
- 3+ years finance experience
- Capable in taking ownership and managing accounting software
- Knowledge of Netsuite (advantageous)
- A passion for process improvement and operational efficiency
- Renewable energy experience (highly desirable)
- Experience of working for multi-entity scale up businesses (desirable)
- Experience in overseeing or collaborating with third party service providers on behalf of clients notably local accountants, auditors and tax advisors (highly desirable)
- Superb presentation and conflict resolution skills, robust, resilient and articulate
- Advanced business level English
WHAT WE OFFER
- A busy role in a supportive team, with plenty of opportunities to learn.
- International scope – we operate in over 8 countries.
- Hybrid working – we will need you in the central London (Mayfair) office once a week.
- 30 days’ holiday per year (3 of which are taken during the festive shutdown in December).
- Private pension.
- BUPA Healthcare for you and qualifying dependents.
- Cycle to work and electric vehicle leasing schemes.
- Annual discretionary bonus.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link to apply or send your application to email@example.com. If you have been shortlisted for the next stage, we will be in contact within 14 days.
By selecting “Apply” or sending us your CV, you indicate you have read and acknowledged NextEnergy Group’s Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our approach to diversity and inclusion is a natural extension of our values. Our entrepreneurial culture inspires us to try new things, be open to different viewpoints and be bold. Our Group is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness that values difference and gives space for individual expression. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent and hard work form the bedrock of who we are and who we aspire to be.
We are committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity irrespective of race, color, ancestry, social background, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability and gender identity.