Working as part of a Global Technical Operations Team you will be part of an international team with members in UK, US, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Chile, Poland and India. The core of this role is daily supervision and analysis of the performance of the solar plants, daily monitoring, incident tracking and resolution, performance analysis and issue investigation ,and robust reporting. This is a critical role in terms of ensuring performance is optimised across clients' portfolios by maximizing up time. Strong management of service providers and other partners is also crucial. (e.g. O&M, DNOs, clients, etc.).
Overseeing a portfolio of clients/projects from onboarding and through to business as usual, the Technical Analyst will ensure that they have all the necessary data, technical documentation and information to manage their caseload of solar PV plants effectively in line with WiseEnergy’s consistent, industry leading standards.
The position will require Chilean travel to visit the sites under management to perform assets quality checks and to supervise service providers once you become permanent.
Working alongside Technical Analyst professionals, this will be an integral role in the Technical Operations team:
- Visit and technically audit solar farms
- Read and review relevant documentation such as As-Built Drawings, Commissioning documentation, PPAs, Connection Agreements
- Liaise with EPCs to complete a check list of documents required by the authorities
- Review and challenge EPCs and TAs calculations related to FAC
- Liaise with the TA for the generation of the PAC punch list and pursuing all open points with the EPC until final resolution
- Negotiation skills needed for negotiations with EPCs and O&Ms for punch list resolution as well as for proposing technical solutions to improve asset performances or reduce risks
- Monitoring solar asset operations via SCADA system and supervise technical operations onsite
- Analyse data and information received from local stakeholders, validate and process them using the WiseEnergy platform and processes
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Time management & prioritization skills - things can get a little hectic, so the ability to effectively manage yourself and your workload is critical
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (in English or/and other European languages) - you must be able to organize your thoughts in a way that others find clear and compelling. You will be expected to together well-written, grammatically correct emails and other communications. When communicating verbally – whether over the phone, on video calls, in person or in meetings – you will need to be articulate, warm and engaging
- Flexibility - being an effective team player means being flexible in your approach and open to getting involved with new things, even if they are not spelt out in your job description
- Intellectual Curiosity – Technical Management is a broad and nuanced field and we are looking for someone who is truly interested in our profession and has the intellectual curiosity to delve deep into topics and bring fresh ideas to the team
- IT Literacy - you need to be comfortable with IT systems and working with data (you should have at least intermediate-level excel)
- Delivery focus – it may sound obvious, but the ability to proactively churn through work at pace and deliver quality outputs really matters
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for our mission ‘to generate a more sustainable future by leading the transition to clean energy
- Our values: be a leader, build trust, be responsible, be innovative and ‘bring your alpha’.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-2 years of experience in Solar PV, preferably in the field of renewable energy (Asset Management, Technical Advisor, Owners’ Engineer, O&M contractor, EPC, etc.) and/or in similar business positions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in Electricity or Electronics or qualified to the same level through experience of other qualifications
- Knowledge of the local energy market main stakeholders (CEN, distributors, CNE, SEC) and solar asset typical configurations and regulation framework (PMGD, utility scale)
- Spanish mother tongue and good English level
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technical characteristics of PV plants
- International experience would be a plus
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint; SCADA systems; PVSyst (appreciated but not required)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A role in a supportive team, with plenty of opportunities to learn
- International scope – we operate in over 8 countries
- Remote working
- Annual discretionary bonus
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link to apply or send your application to email@example.com. If you have been shortlisted for the next stage, we will be in contact within 14 days.
By selecting “Apply” or sending us your CV, you indicate you have read and acknowledged NextEnergy Group’s Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our approach to diversity and inclusion is a natural extension of our values. Our entrepreneurial culture inspires us to try new things, be open to different viewpoints and be bold. Our Group is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness that values difference and gives space for individual expression. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, talent and hard work form the bedrock of who we are and who we aspire to be.
We are committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity irrespective of race, color, ancestry, social background, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability and gender identity.