WiseEnergy is a trusted and established solar asset manager, offering all the services clients require to manage and optimise large-scale solar plants, from development and construction through to long-term operational asset management. We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate finance professional to support the delivery of finance asset management services to one of our most important clients in multiple international jurisdictions.
We are looking for someone who genuinely cares about the people they work with, naturally seeks to collaborate, and enjoys the buzz of good camaraderie. Although, as with all finance roles, you will need to have exceptional attention to detail, this role is not suitable for someone wanting to lock themselves away – you will need the right balance of introversion and extroversion to be comfortable in this role. In other words, you will be a key member of the team who can build and maintain good working relationships with various stakeholders.
The role will be expected to be part of the team to manage the finance operations for our assets in Spain, Portugal, and Chile. You will also be expected to manage the finance operations for other regions as required either as a lead or supporting role.
The current model is a combination of overseeing services & deliverables from outsourced service providers and managing internally run finance functions. As scale increases, the model is set to evolve with some of the regions setting up offices locally. This role is then expected to support the provision of financial services out of those markets.
Reporting to the Finance Lead based in Madrid, the successful role holder will work with other accountants and professionals from other functions of the business. From time to time the successful candidate may be asked to perform tasks at the same level within our other range of funds/clients.
We have an office in Madrid, Spain and we have a hybrid working model between working from the office and remotely. The hybrid arrangement is to be discussed and agreed with your line manager on a continuous basis and subject to changes.
There is an expectation of consistency and accuracy of outputs, as well as delivering and maintaining a high degree of customer service (internal and external). In view of this, you will be expected to appropriately flag issues and support their resolution through to the end and proactively drive continuous improvement.
- Ownership of the onboarding checklist and cross-checking information availability in the virtual data room
- Providing a high-level view of documentation available for onboarding
- Align financial reporting standards of other jurisdiction in accordance with our Global policy
- Undertake KYC documentations and all applicable administrative & finance applications
- Prepare periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc) management accounts of SPVs and Holding companies ensuring accounting records are maintained to a high quality
- Prepare delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting pack
- Support in the production of a monthly and quarterly Clearance Dashboard (portfolio level operational review)
- Manage financial deliverables internally within the Group and externally to lenders and investors within the specific timeframe as agreed
- Manage relationship with auditors providing all necessary deliverables and address audit & accounting issues
- Support on the preparation of annual operating budget and review updates to budget on quarterly basis
- Manage all invoicing and payment processes
- Prepare cash trackers and maintaining liquidity forecasts
Systems and Processes
- Implement and maintain finance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Implement systems (ERP, payments) and processes (control processes)
- Ensure all documentations are stored in an orderly format in common share drive
- Manage all local tax compliance matters supporting the appointed tax advisors ensuring they are filed before the due dates
- Ensure all tax payments are reviewed and made timely
- Collaborate with other Wise delivery functions – Technical and Commercial - within the jurisdictions named above (and others assigned in the future)
- Given the dynamic nature of our business in the early-stage sector we operate in, the successful candidate is seen picking up ad hoc tasks as part of the team’s agility to provide the best service to its range of clients.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Time management & prioritization skills - things can get a little hectic, so the ability to effectively manage yourself and your workload is critical.
- Excellent communication skills (in English or/and other European languages) - you must be able to organize your thoughts in a way that others find clear and compelling. You will be expected to together well-written, grammatically correct emails and other communications. When communicating verbally – whether over the phone, on video calls, in person or in meetings – you will need to be articulate, warm and engaging.
- Flexibility - being an effective team player means being flexible in your approach and open to getting involved with new things, even if they are not spelled out in your job description.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Technical Management is a broad and nuanced field and we are looking for someone who is truly interested in our profession and has the intellectual curiosity to delve deep into topics and bring fresh ideas into the team.
- IT Literacy - you need to be comfortable with IT systems and working with data (you should have at least intermediate-level excel).
- Delivery focus – it may sound obvious, but the ability to proactively churn through work at pace and deliver quality outputs really matters!
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for our mission ‘to generate a more sustainable future by leading the transition to clean energy.
- Our values: be a leader, build trust, be responsible, be innovative and ‘bring your alpha’.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Finance field
- 1+ years finance experience. Fresh graduates would be considered as well
- Understanding of multiple GAAPs (IFRS, Local Spanish GAAP)
- Capable in taking ownership and managing accounting software
- Knowledge of Netsuite (desirable)
- A passion for process improvement and operational efficiency
- Renewable energy experience (highly desirable)
- Experience in collaborating with third party service providers on behalf of clients notably local accountants, auditors and tax advisors (highly desirable)
- Fluent in Spanish and advanced business level English (essential)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A busy role in a supportive team, with plenty of opportunities to learn
- International scope – we operate in over 8 countries
- Hybrid working – we will need you in the central Madrid office at least twice a week, but you will normally be able to work remotely for the remainder of the week
- Private Healthcare for you and qualifying dependents
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Opportunity to work with and learn from other talented professionals who want to have a positive impact on the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link to apply or send your application to email@example.com. If you have been shortlisted for the next stage, we will be in contact within 14 days.
By selecting “Apply” or sending us your CV, you indicate you have read and acknowledged NextEnergy Group’s Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our approach to diversity and inclusion is a natural extension of our values. Our entrepreneurial culture inspires us to try new things, be open to different viewpoints and be bold. Our Group is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness that values difference and gives space for individual expression. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent and hard work form the bedrock of who we are and who we aspire to be.
We are committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity irrespective of race, color, ancestry, social background, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability and gender identity.