Hey there 👋
Are you a Head of BizDev who would love to be part of building and growing the leading NFT infrastructure? NFTPort is Stripe for NFTs - One-Stop & Simple NFT Infrastructure & APIs used by 30 000+ developer teams, including industry leaders such as Protocol Labs, Nifty Gateway, etc.
NFTPort's mission is to empower developers to break up todays data monopolies and make the Internet ownable by citizens. If you vibe with the mission and are enthusiastic about building NFT infrastructure for devs, then you'll fit right in.
We are a team of ex-NATO, Amazon, Nvidia, etc. and funded by world-class investors such as Plural Platform, Atomico, Protocol Labs, Jaynti Kanani (Co-Founder of Polygon), Jutta Steiner (Co-Founder of Polkadot), Balaji Srinivasan (ex CTO of Coinbase), Jaan Tallinn (Co-Founder of Skype, early investor of DeepMind), Taavet Hinrikus & Sten Tamkivi (Co-Founders of Wise).
Your role and how success looks like
As the Head of BizDev, you will be responsible for running the biz dev and sales org by shaping a winning strategy, building and leading the team and making sure we capture the enterprise market by closing industry leaders from both Web2 and Web3 such as Instagram, eBay, Metamask, etc. You will work directly with the CEO, Johannes.
In the first year, you help to close 20+ key enterprise clients through a unified go-to-market strategy which sets us on a path of being the no. 1 NFT infrastructure, execution and by taping into the existing NFT verticals as well unlocking new enterprise verticals by being able to go from 0 to 1.
You help to build a brand that enterprise love and rave to their friends about it - all of it fuelling our growth in the enterprise vertical and helping to cross the early adopters chasm. For this, you build a world class and scalable sales playbook and revenue engine.
You build a wide and deep industry network with access to the main decision makers. You do this by making sure our enterprise clients are heard and represented. You meet regularly with key customers, understanding enterprise personas well, and communicate our roadmap effectively and by also helping the enterprise clients succeed post close of the deal.
You help to bring to market the world’s first decentralized NFT infrastructure protocol which will span all the L1 top blockchains such as Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, Flow and layers 2's.
For more context, see our product: https://docs.nftport.xyz/ (recommended if you want to proceed to an interview).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in strategizing, executing and closing in a biz dev role for a technical enterprise audience. A history of cracking new markets with technical products with success - you show a history of top performance or remarkable achievement
- Deep domain and technical knowledge and passion for blockchain, Web3, developer tooling and open-source. You know what gm, ngmi, wgmi & degen mean. Thinking about dev tooling, infrastructure and APIs gets you fired up as you love to build for devs. You can fire up REST API calls to understand and explain easily what our product does
- You are a generalist who rolls up the sleeves & gets it done in a fast moving startup with a lot of ambiguity: you should be able to adapt, understand customer needs by effective questioning and listening and work with whatever means to close key clients even if you have to go knocking on their doors - you are a hustler as your work ethic rivals anybody's
- You are customer obsessed and you understand developer + enterprise personas extremely well and able to communicate with them at ease
- You have strong leadership skills as you have previously built and led a biz dev/sales org in an early stage startup. You can marshal the resources of the team by increasing the leverage and syncing your cross-functional teammates—marketing, engineers, growth, etc. Your output is the output of the overall team
- You are highly coachable and have the ability to self-diagnose in a fast manner to grow quickly in an extremely fast growing market
- Have the skills needed to move fast, find out what is the 80-20 solution and iterate to solve the remaining 20%
- Tireless problem-solver, acting autonomously, take ownership, actively proposing solutions, good communicator, be a team player, have a growth and startup mindset
- Are motivated and passionate about the startup, no-corporate-BS way of life which also means ruthless execution at speed. You believe strongly in the Web3 & decentralization ethos
Nice to have
- Have worked in a Web3/blockchain startup or dev infrastructure
- You have aped into some NFTs
What we offer you
- Mission and work that matters: You can disrupt today's data monopolies (Facebook, etc.) and make the Internet ownable by citizens
- Be part of a growing Web3 community and movement where you get to meet and learn from likeminded people
- Be part of a startup that’s scaling damn fast, packed with career opportunities in a new Web3 world and be surrounded by exceptionally talented colleagues who have previously worked in NATO, Amazon, Nvidia etc.
- Help us bring NFTs to the mainstream while having the ability to learn about blockchain & Web3 industry
- Receive generous salary and stock/tokens
- Be a part of a diverse team that welcomes all races, religions, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, ages, or are unique in any other way
- Receive sports and self-growth benefits with 28 calendar days of vacation
- Flexible work environment, location and time where you are in charge of balancing your own freedom and responsibility
- Pick your own equipment - we'll set you up with a laptop plus any software you need
- Chew bubble gum, mint some NFTs and have fun :)
Vibes with you?