Hey there 👋
Are you a senior blockchain engineer who would love to be part of building and scaling the leading NFT infrastructure? NFTPort is Stripe for NFTs - One-Stop & Simple NFT Infrastructure & APIs used by 30 000+ developer teams, including industry leaders such as POAP, Protocol Labs, Nifty Gateway, etc.
NFTPort's mission is to empower developers to break up todays data monopolies and make the Internet ownable by citizens. Thus if you vibe with the mission and are enthusiastic about building NFT infrastructure for your fellow devs, then you fit right in.
We are a team of ex-NATO, Amazon, Nvidia, etc. and funded by world-class investors such as Plural Platform, Atomico, Protocol Labs, Jaynti Kanani (Co-Founder of Polygon), Jutta Steiner (Co-Founder of Polkadot), Balaji Srinivasan (ex CTO of Coinbase), Jaan Tallinn (Co-Founder of Skype, early investor of DeepMind), Taavet Hinrikus & Sten Tamkivi (Co-Founders of Wise).
Your main focus will be on designing, building and scaling our NFT infrastructure backend which handles writing/minting NFTs at scale on Solana and down the road on Polkadot. This means designing, developing and shipping end to end new and exciting smart contract features which other developers can use with REST APIs, scaling minting to thousands of transactions per second, ensuring reliability even when a single chain goes down, etc. We are still relatively small team (but growing fast) meaning there's a wide variety of really hard technical challenges you can solve - from writing smart contracts end to end to scaling our real-time and low-latency NFT infrastructure which will span all the L1 top blockchains such as Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, Flow and layers 2's.
For more context, see the API platform: https://docs.nftport.xyz/
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and shipping blockchain + backend projects
- Strong in Rust stack. A big plus with if have developed previously with Solana, Polkadot or Rust
- You are strong in backend, practise TDD, can handle databases and you are able to ship end to end
- Understanding of crypto industry and other blockchain projects (NFTs, DApps, DeFi Protocols, etc.)
- You can exit Vim (not kidding). Working with CLI, Linux, Git and setting up your own environment
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- You know and practice the de facto standards of high quality and secure software development including code reviews, automating, test-driven development, security tests, etc.
- Have the skills needed to prototype fast, find out what is the 80-20 solution and iterate to solve the remaining 20%
- Tireless problem-solver, acting autonomously, take ownership, actively proposing solutions, good communicator, be a team player, have a growth and startup mindset
- Are motivated and passionate about the startup, no-corporate-BS way of life which also means ruthless execution at speed. You believe strongly in the Web3 & decentralization ethos
Nice to have
- Designed protocols or worked with decentralized infrastructure
- Have worked in a Web3 startup
- Previously built NFT projects
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with cloud such as AWS or GCP
- DevOps skills such as Docker, etc.
- You are a shadowy crypto super-coder
What we offer you
- Mission and work that matters: You can disrupt today's data monopolies (Facebook etc.) and make the Internet ownable by citizens
- Be part of a growing Web3 community and movement where you get to meet likeminded people
- Be part of a startup that’s growing fast, packed with career opportunities in a new Web3 world and be surrounded by exceptionally talented colleagues who have previously worked in NATO, Amazon, Nvidia etc.
- Build and scale really challenging technology while having the ability to learn about blockchain & Web3 industry
- Receive generous salary and stock/tokens
- Be a part of a diverse team that welcomes all races, religions, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, ages, or are unique in any other way
- Receive sports and self-growth benefits with 28 calendar days of vacation
- Flexible work environment, location and time where you are in charge of balancing your own freedom and responsibility
- Pick your own equipment - we'll set you up with a laptop plus any software you need
- Chew bubble gum, mint some NFTs and have fun :)
Vibes with you?