Hey there 👋
Are you an Engineer Lead who would love to be part of building and scaling the leading NFT infrastructure? NFTPort is Stripe for NFTs - One-Stop & Simple NFT Infrastructure & APIs used by 30 000+ developer teams, including industry leaders such as Protocol Labs, Nifty Gateway, etc.
NFTPort's mission is to empower developers to break up today’s data monopolies and make the Internet ownable by citizens. If you vibe with the mission and are enthusiastic about building NFT infrastructure for your fellow devs in the Web3 world, then you fit right in.
We are a team of ex-NATO, Amazon, Nvidia, etc. and funded by world-class investors such as Plural Platform, Atomico, Protocol Labs, Jaynti Kanani (Co-Founder of Polygon), Jutta Steiner (Co-Founder of Polkadot), Balaji Srinivasan (ex CTO of Coinbase), Jaan Tallinn (Co-Founder of Skype, early investor of DeepMind), Taavet Hinrikus & Sten Tamkivi (Co-Founders of Wise).
Your main focus will be managing a team of software engineers in order to design and launch the next version of our APIs. This will involve many new and exciting features and cool improvements. There's a wide variety of really hard technical challenges we need to solve - from minting 10K NFTs/sec in a distributed way to scaling our real-time and low-latency NFT infrastructure which span all the L1 top blockchains such as Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, Flow and layers 2's, as well eventually building the core functionality as a decentralized protocol. You’ll be working on the full cycle of a team - having the technical background to lead the team in the right direction and make sure the team has everything to succeed, conduct goal setting and reviews, hiring, pulling up the sleeves as needed, ensuring smooth co-operation with the product and other teams. And not to mention the most important - team delivery.
For more context, see our product: https://docs.nftport.xyz/ (recommended if you want to proceed to an interview).
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a technical team lead, preferably experience with APIs. Your team will be building and launching our next version of APIs
- You have strong leadership skills and can marshal the resources of the team by increasing their leverage. Your output is the output of the overall team as you prioritize effectively, communicate clearly in English, work as a team and build simple, scalable processes where needed. You are able to hire and build your own team. You help to grow a deep sense of ownership, trust, and collaborative spirit within your team
- You love to get your hands deep in the technical details as you can lead the architecture, review code (+ write if necessary) and mentor your team so they have a path to grow
- You are customer obsessed and you understand developer personas extremely well and are able to communicate with them at ease
- Have the skills needed to prototype fast, find out what is the 80-20 solution and iterate to solve the remaining 20%
- Tireless problem-solver, acting autonomously, taking ownership, actively proposing solutions, good communicator, being a team player, having a growth and a startup mindset
- Are motivated and passionate about the startup, no-corporate-BS way of life which also means ruthless execution at speed. You believe strongly in the Web3 & decentralization ethos
Nice to have
- Have worked in dev tooling/infrastructure/API/Web3 company
- Understanding of Blockchain and Web3 development principles
What we offer you
- Mission and work that matters: You can disrupt today's data monopolies (Facebook etc.) and make the Internet ownable by citizens
- Be part of a growing Web3 community and movement where you get to meet like-minded people
- Be part of a startup that’s growing fast, packed with career opportunities in a new Web3 world and be surrounded by exceptionally talented colleagues
- Build and scale really challenging technology while having the ability to learn about blockchain & Web3 industry
- Receive generous salary and stock/tokens
- Be a part of a diverse team that welcomes all races, religions, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, ages, or are unique in any other way
- Receive sports and self-growth benefits with 28 calendar days of vacation
- Flexible work environment, location and time where you are in charge of balancing your own freedom and responsibility
- Pick your own equipment - we'll set you up with a laptop plus any software you need
- Chew bubble gum, mint some NFTs and have fun :)
Vibes with you?