Hey there 👋
Are you a talented VP of Protocol who would love to be part of building and scaling a decentralized NFT infrastructure protocol? NFTPort is Stripe for NFTs - One-Stop & Simple NFT Infrastructure & APIs used by 30 000+ developer teams, including industry leaders such as POAP, Protocol Labs, Nifty Gateway, etc.
NFTPort's mission is to empower developers to break up todays data monopolies and make the Internet ownable by citizens. Thus if you vibe with the mission and are enthusiastic about building NFT infrastructure for your fellow devs, then you fit right in.
We are a team of ex-NATO, Amazon, Nvidia, etc. and funded by world-class investors such as Plural Platform, Atomico, Protocol Labs, Jaynti Kanani (Co-Founder of Polygon), Jutta Steiner (Co-Founder of Polkadot), Balaji Srinivasan (ex CTO of Coinbase), Jaan Tallinn (Co-Founder of Skype, early investor of DeepMind), Taavet Hinrikus & Sten Tamkivi (Co-Founders of Wise).
Vice President of Protocol is a leadership position within NFTPort, with strategic product area management and business metrics ownership for the full cycle of our open source web3 protocol. Working closely with the co-founders you will be on point for definition, scoping, development, gradual public roll-out and community adoption of our open source stack — with the help of the cross-functional team you will build to execute in these areas. At the next stage, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of our tokenomics to incentivize long term, sustainable community participation.
Successful launch of NFTPort's protocol with the given metrics 6-12 months post launch, measured in terms of
- Well rounded and effective Protocol team you’ve built and motivated across functional areas
- Number of users of our open source components (known enterprise relationships + grassroots github activity)
- Next stage business milestones, based on the architectural choices and roadmap we’ll build together
- Likely candidates: active nodes contributing to network, token metrics (adoption, staking rates, tx volumes), etc
- Developer experience quality metrics (NPS; quality of the full journey from website to successfully running our protocol node and participating in the network)
- Research, architect, develop, test, maintain and bring to market a decentralized multi-chain NFT infrastructure on a protocol level. This includes putting together a roadmap, planning resources, leading the team: e.g. spearheading the whole protocol
- Hire, build and lead a talented protocol team researching, designing, building, testing, shipping, supporting and maintaining our protocol and the community around it.
- Create an open-source strategy and grow a developer community that contributes to the success of NFTPort's open-source protocol. Increase the adoption of developers who build with NFTPort's protocol.
- Give input to marketing so it can produce content around NFTPort's protocol, from case studies, blog posts, web copy, email marketing, newsletters, tutorials, at events, podcasts, etc. As we know, building just a good product is not enough if no one knows about it. This ensures the goal that we are positioned as the number 1 NFT infrastructure protocol.
- Sharing insights and input to existing NFTPort's API platform product development based on the community feedback to launch new functionality, enhancements, etc.
- Act as a senior liaison between NFTPort's protocol and our community. Participate in large clients calls who are about to adopt our protocol.
- Collaborate effectively with your peers in charge of Product Management and Engineering for our B2B SaaS offering.
- Create, lead and manage protocol community engagement programs, such as running hackathons, participation in third party events, and creating developer grant programmes.
- Engage in evangelism, represent NFTPort and its vision/mission and engage with the community.
- Contribute to the companies overall growth through strategy, product, sales, etc. We want you have the mindset of "this is my company" and will do whatever necessary it to be successful.
- Track record of creating, coordinating and/or actively contributing to open source software projects (L1/L2 blockchains, financial protocols around DeFi, dApps or other large scale OSS collectives)
- Master's degree or equivalent leadership experience in software engineering-related field may be advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership position serving software developers as customers
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a senior (C-level or startup founder) leadership role may be advantageous
- Passion for the web3 ethos and ideals: building a citizen owned internet, with data privacy at heart, with broad-based incentives for community contribution and participation.
- Strong working knowledge of NFTPort’s products, competitive products, and the market.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills - including in distributed and written environments.
- Proven ability to recruit top talent in technical and community roles and motivate people to do their best work of their careers, both with direct reporting lines or influencing more loosely coupled contributors.
- Great strategic planning, organizational, written communication and creative thinking skills.
What we offer you
- Mission and work that matters: You can disrupt today's data monopolies (Facebook etc.) and make the Internet ownable by citizens
- Be part of a growing Web3 community and movement where you get to meet likeminded people
- Be part of a startup that’s growing fast, packed with career opportunities in a new Web3 world and be surrounded by exceptionally talented colleagues who have previously worked in NATO, Amazon, Nvidia etc
- Build and scale really challenging technology while having the ability to learn about blockchain & Web3 industry
- Receive generous salary and stock/tokens
- Be a part of a diverse team that welcomes all races, religions, cultures, genders, sexual orientations, ages, or are unique in any other way
- Receive sports and self-growth benefits with 28 calendar days of vacation
- Flexible work environment, location and time where you are in charge of balancing your own freedom and responsibility
- Pick your own equipment - we'll set you up with a laptop plus any software you need
- Chew bubble gum, mint some NFTs and have fun :)
Vibes with you?