👋 Hi, nice to meet you and thank you for your interest in November Five. Before we go into detail about our job opening, let's start with a quick introduction of our company.
At November Five we are committed to driving people and businesses forward. As a full-service digital growth partner, we help our clients catch the next wave of digital transformation. Our premium strategy, design and engineering capabilities are trusted by companies like Coca-Cola, Spotify, Telenet, Le Pain Quotidien, Mediahuis and KBC Bank.
November Five isn’t just a date - it’s the day our digital adventure started back in 2008. Today we’re a team of 70+ digital masterminds operating from the beating heart of Antwerp. We’re currently growing rapidly and are looking for like-minded professionals to reinforce our team.
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
Yes, a bold statement. Nonetheless, one of the driving principles we work and live by. We aim to be successful by growing together, with an even-minded impact on work and life, and never at the cost of either.
That’s why we make plenty of time for conversation, for acquiring new skills, for sharing knowledge. Why we think it’s important to find each other in a place that’s more than just an office - an environment that’s inviting and empowering to connect clients, partners and team members in and beyond their work. Why we actively promote a true work-life symbiosis for the one and only life we get to live.
Awarded ‘Best Workplaces for Innovators’ by Fast Company, our highly connected ecosystem consists of a close-knit family, all seeking impact with digital at heart.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a PHP Engineer at November Five, you build and deliver state-of-the-art applications from front to back.
Together with your colleagues, you will:
- Create elegant back-end experiences and work on challenging large projects with complex domain models.
- Break the back of the beast called 3rd party APIs; you cope with their complexities like incomplete documentation, rate limits, error messages, etc. You don’t shy away from making your own APIs either.
- Get the opportunity to implement new features in existing products and code.
- Believe that building strong products requires teamwork. You collaborate with team members on best practices around web development. You might even get enthusiastic about code reviews.
- Keep up-to-date with the fast-evolving landscape of technologies and innovations, sharing your knowledge and expertise with your teammates
KEEP READING IF YOU...
- Are a skilled engineer with a deep knowledge of PHP and the Symfony framework
- Have developed secure, reliable and efficient REST APIs for the web
- Are always hunting for the latest and greatest weapon to wield. We leverage a host of tools, languages and libraries: vagrant, nginx, composer, git, MySQL, memcached, SNS, to name but a few
- Can study and curate the best libraries to match our set
- Are familiar with AWS or Azure
- Speak and write Dutch or English fluently
FIVE REASONS TO APPLY RIGHT NOW
- A position with impact in a fast-growing tech scale-up that has an innovative culture and offers a wide range of growth opportunities.
- The chance to work with A-list clients like Spotify, Coca-Cola, Telenet, VRT and Brussels Airport.
- Informal atmosphere with a young, ambitious crew. Beautiful office in the beating heart of Antwerp.
- Flexible hours and a hybrid work policy* that allows you to choose your work location for the majority of the time.
- A fully optimized salary package*. Including - depending on your role & expertise - a company car, fuel card, smartphone budget, mobile subscription, MacBook, pension plan, top notch health & well-being insurance, hospitalisation insurance, net expenses, meal vouchers, yearly bonus and 32 holidays.