OGT is a leading global provider of clinical and diagnostic genomic solutions. We create products that enable researchers and clinical decision makers to reach the right care decisions for each patient, every time. By working with partnerships with our customers, we strive to unlock the future of genetic clinical care.
Are you looking for a change in your career, are you an ambitious, talented and a motivated individual? This could be the role for you!
We are looking for an individual passionate about growing the sales of our innovative range of NGS, microarray and FISH products, as well as being an expert in building collaborative relationships with our direct customers in North UK and Ireland.
You’ll report to our Director for European Sales & Support, and have the chance to showcase your talents, making a significant contribution to our ambitious sales targets that drive OGT’s commercial development.
Your duties will include:
- Ensure that sales and profit targets are achieved for product and geographical areas of responsibility
- Agree with the Director a list of customers for targeted sales activity and implement site specific strategies appropriate to customer needs
- Identify and develop key contacts at sites
- Identify key critical success factors for successful sales at target sites
- Maximise customer sales and profitability volume and channel growth and transfer of tests from competitor assays
- Champion customer satisfaction improvement on each site.
- Coordinate front line support with Cytocell / OGT Customer Service, BDMs and FAS
- Gather and seek out information about customers, competitors and the market and ensure it is communicated appropriately and that CRM records are up to date
- Prepare and communicate accurate forecasts to enable the business to plan effectively
- Ensure that all administration is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that all Company Policies and Procedures are understood and adhered to
- Maintain individual sales skills and technical knowledge to Company standards
- Negotiate, within guidelines, prices, discounts and terms to ensure the best deals are secured within a defined product range, and that any spend is within the agreed budget
- Collaborate with other staff across the organisation as required in particular in respect of tender processes, often working within tight deadlines
- Submit weekly report as a summary of commercial activities
- Submission of accurate forecasts and revenue, as requested by the Director for the purpose of setting budgets for the following financial year
- To complete any other tasks as commensurate with the level and nature of the post as delegated by the Director.
What we’re looking for in you:
- BSc in a life science
- Relevant experience, including domain knowledge in particular area of responsibility (FISH, Microarrays and NGS) and laboratory experience
- Strong, well-developed verbal communication and targeted presentation skills
- Relevant Commercial experience (desirable)
- Experience with CRM management for lead, opportunity tracking and, if appropriate, forecasting (desirable).
The role requires a significant amount of travel (minimum 50% of working hours).
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- High Street Discount Scheme.
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period
Please note that we will need to establish your right to work during the recruitment process.