OGT is a leading global provider of clinical and diagnostic genomic solutions. We create products that enable researchers and clinical decision makers to reach the right care decisions for each patient, every time. By working with partnerships with our customers, we strive to unlock the future of genetic clinical care.
Are you looking for a change in your career, are you an ambitious, talented and a motivated individual? This could be the role for you!
Our Production Operators are hardworking and organised team players, who play an integral role in the manufacture of our catalogue products in a science-based laboratory.
You’ll work within a team to produce the correct amount and type of stock in line with customer and business requirements. This involves carrying out manufacturing tasks whilst following established processes and procedures in the Quality Management System.
Operations involves the production of over 400 catalogue products and increases to more than 1,000 when including bespoke products (c. £12m annual output).
What you’ll be doing for us:
- Work as part of a team of Production Operators and Scientists, carrying out manufacturing tasks such as, but not limited to:
- mix and dispense final product into aliquots;
- manufacture of buffers and solutions for NGS products;
- carry out fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH) technique;
- perform routine techniques with minimal supervision;
- accurately check calculations, codes, lot numbers and other essential information in batch manufacturing records for members of the team;
- Nick Translation manufacture as directed by the Production Manager.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of materials and reagents within the laboratory area generally and specifically for each campaign/manufacture task assigned to you
- Maintain a clean and organised working environment; reporting any safety related or other issues that arise
- Complete any other tasks as commensurate with the level and nature of the post as delegated.
What we are looking for in you:
- Good GCSE English and Maths qualifications, or equivalent
- Strong team player with a methodical approach
- Ability to organise and manage your own workload
- Proactive independent attitude with a positive nature
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Be responsible for the quality of own work.
- An interest in the science or healthcare fields
- Experience of working in a production or laboratory environment
- Experience of working with SOPs and following complex processes.
In return you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- High Street Discount Scheme.
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period
Please note that we will need to establish your right to work during the recruitment process.