OGT is a leading global provider of clinical and diagnostic genomic solutions. We believe in creating products and partnerships that enable clinicians to deliver personlaised healthcare to patients and that empower clinical researchers to develop the next generation of precision medicines.
Are you looking for a change in your career, are you an ambitious, talented and a motivated individual? This could be the role for you!
An opportunity has arisen in our Oxford-based Regional Marketing team for a Scientific Content Marketing Manager. The Regional Marketing team are responsible for building the brand plan to promote OGT’s products and services and then delivering all the elements of plan in collaboration with the wider marketing team. The role will drive credibility and awareness of OGT with our customers by delivering engaging and useful content.
Your duties will include:
- Content Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute comprehensive content marketing strategies
- Conduct thorough research to identify relevant scientific topics, trends, and challenges that resonate with our target audience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align content initiatives with overall business objectives
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to evaluate the success of content marketing efforts.
- Content Creation and Management:
- Produce high-quality, engaging, and scientifically accurate content, including blog posts, white papers, case studies, webinars, infographics, and social media content
- Develop content calendars and manage planning to ensure timely delivery and consistent messaging across various channels
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts to gather scientific insights and validate content accuracy.
- Support Delivery of the Marketing Brand Plan:
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of OGTs products and services and target audiences
- Manage tactical day-to-day campaign deliverables, working across a range of channels, website, social media, webinars and events
- Support the execution of conferences and user group meetings with bespoke content creation
- Work with external agencies to generate content for public relations, such as press releases
- Support with training to new hires focusing on product details and industry background.
- Brand Awareness and Thought Leadership:
- Position the company as a trusted resource and thought leader within the scientific community through impactful content
- Identify opportunities for KOL engagement, speaking engagements, and collaborations with key customers to expand reach and enhance brand credibility
- Stay up to date with industry trends, scientific advancements.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Degree level or equivalent in a molecular biology discipline. A Ph.D. is a plus.
- Experience in content marketing or scientific/medical writing, preferably within the scientific or life sciences industry
- Comprehensive knowledge and keen interest in technology for clinical and diagnostic applications
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to distil complex scientific information into clear, concise, and engaging content
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work
- Able to travel for up to 30% of their working time.
- A background in clinical genomic medicine
- Experience in clinical cytogenetics, molecular genetics, or cancer genetics
- Commercial or clinical experience in the key OGT technology areas of Arrays, FISH and NGS is highly advantageous, though broader molecular diagnostics experience will be beneficial.
- Proven track record of success in growing or supporting sales in clinical molecular genetics, diagnostics, or cancer genetics markets, including managing relationships with key customers/opinion leaders in their field
- Medical writing experience.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- High Street Discount Scheme.
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and notice period
Please note that we will need to establish your right to work during the recruitment process.