Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Engineering team is responsible for building tools and infrastructure to gather, analyze, and visualize financial data. We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our Engineering team will be at the forefront of creating that experience.
We are looking for engineers who are motivated by creating impact for our consumers and customers, growing together as a team, shipping the MVP, and leaving things better than they found them.
What you get to work on:
- Client & Admin End-User Dashboard
Widget & SDK’s
- Native SDK’s Web Integrations OkraJS (Widget)
Growth & Marketing Analytics across all products
- Email Templates
- Okra Website & Microsites
What you’ll need:
- React, Redux and Context.
- React component testing using Jest or Cypress
- An understanding of pixel-perfect development.
- Advanced skills in animation and modern techniques e.g. Parallax, CSS Animations.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology and Scrum framework for managing processes.
- Proficiency in managing software projects in Git.
- Experience working on remote and distributed teams.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how to implement them.
Who you are;
- You are passionate about translating Figma designs to beautiful web interfaces.
- You can build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- You have done complex animations.
- You have a deep understanding of how to build responsive user interfaces and experiences.
- You have experience in optimizing for maximum speed and scalability.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.