Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
- Maintain and automate our production environments, including AWS infrastructure planning, scaling, monitoring, and security.
- Architect modern web, microservices, and cloud-native distributed systems based on containers, Kubernetes.
- Architect, design, and automate cloud-native CI/CD workflows and tools, using Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, or similar tools.
- Work in cross-functional teams, delivering new features while maintaining existing systems.
- 4 years experience in production applications and systems support. Experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture.
- Scripting experience with Shell, Python.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management, using Terraform, Ansible, and CloudFormation.
- Experience with Database Administration (MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Experience with end-to-end software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Knowledge in asynchronous messaging protocols (e.g. RabbitMQ and Kafka)
- Strong background in cloud and application security.