Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate data collection processes.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Combine models through ensemble modeling.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred.
- 3+ years experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, or Data Analyst.
- Strong math and statistics skills. Expert in Python.
- Extensive experience with machine learning algorithms in the areas of NLP, NLU, text analysis, forecasting, and named entity recognition.
- Expert in transformer models (BERT).
- Experience with Numpy, Pandas, and Scikit-Learn. Expert in any of the following deep learning frameworks: pytorch, tensorflow, keras, or MXNet.
- Rest API using Flask.
- Cloud computing with AWS.
- Containers (Docker) and Container Orchestration Framework (Kubernetes).
- Workflow scheduler (Airflow).
- Machine Learning Model lifecycle management using Mlflow, and Kubeflow.
- Experience with graph databases (Neo4j, or AWS Neptune) is a plus.
- Analytical mind and business acumen.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.