Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. We are looking for an ambitious Technical Recruiter who will find and hire top-talent ensuring a steady qualitative growth at Okra. As a Technical Recruiter, you'll bring your experience and best practices from sourcing and recruiting globally. You'll also be an inventive force on the People team, challenging how we work and continuously improving our processes.
- Work alongside our recruiting and marketing teams to build Okra’s employer brand globally.
- Create a balanced partnership with hiring managers to set the sourcing, and talent acquisition strategy for recruitment, drive that process forward, and find the best possible talent for Okra.
- Actively source and intentionally build future talent pipelines across our engineering teams.
- Research and evaluate candidates early in the process, schedule and conduct culture-add screens, and manage administration in our ATS.
- Work closely with the hiring manager, coaching and supporting them throughout the process.
- Ensure a top candidate experience by taking a user-centric approach, and guiding candidates through our culture, principles and the recruitment process.
- Coach the entire team on best practices for sourcing and interviewing (e.g. unconscious bias training, interviewing techniques etc)
- Build Okra’s employer brand through planning and conducting a few strategic and focused initiatives every quarter.
- Continuously track progress in our processes by working with clear KPI’s, and evaluate different sourcing/recruitment techniques and strategies in the most agile and efficient way.
What you’ll need:
- You have 3-4 years of experience sourcing and/or recruiting world-class software engineering talent.
- Passion for data and technology.
- An extraordinary knack for details and experimentation.
- A high degree of empathy.
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude, including a strong comfort with a lean and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-feedback environment (e.g. startup, consulting etc.)
- You thrive in ambiguous environments. When the path forward is uncertain, you push forward to find creative solutions.
- An interest in changing the landscape of Fintech in Africa.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.