Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers to launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Engineering team is responsible for building tools and infrastructure to gather, analyze, and visualize financial data. We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our Engineering team will be at the forefront of creating that experience.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will work with the Engineering team to build secure Products, ensuring security controls are available by default and educating stakeholders on best practices and standards. You will also detect vulnerabilities and triage them with appropriate owners, use vulnerability remediation tools and practices, and follow compliance standards and frameworks.
The successful candidate will:
- Secure Architecture and Coding practices, that may include design reviews, threat modeling, code auditing, and security assessments on Products/Application developed in-house or externally.
- Use AST tools to identify security vulnerabilities and remediate them early in the Development Lifecycle.
- Build automation for detecting and responding to security vulnerabilities in CI/CD pipeline.
- Expertise in security engineering, system or network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Passion to advocate and implement Secure SDLC.
- Conduct Application penetration testing using tools such as: Metasploit, Kali Linux, Burp Suite, etc.
- Identifying product coding/configuration flaws, and how attackers might exploit them.
- Evaluate technologies for improving security defenses.
- Communication in a friendly, supportive manner with software engineers or other stakeholders, helping to not only identify security issues, but also a mentor and advocate on solutions.
What you’ll need:
- Background working in Product Security/Application Security team, protecting scalable enterprise/cloud applications.
- History of implementing Product security best practices across SaaS services and applications.
- Familiarity with working on security incidents/events and to investigate, remediate and respond to potential threats.
- Run PoC's for potential new security controls/tools and determine their effectiveness.
- Experience working on crypto primitives, authentication protocols, and authorization standards (Eg: SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT tokens), and implementations within most major cloud providers, preferably AWS.
- Experience with containers (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Kubernetes/ECS), and specifically container security.
- Experience working with IT/Technical teams to roll out security controls across the Enterprise.
- Familiarity with security frameworks and risk-based security programs.
- Experience using scripting to improve security controls and investigations.
- Experience with the risks associated with financial technology companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.