Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Engineering team is responsible for building tools and infrastructure to gather, analyze, and visualize financial data. We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our Engineering team will be at the forefront of creating that experience.
You’ll partner with our product managers and data scientists to build and maintain our data infrastructure. This is the most mission-critical component of our infrastructure. You’ll get to work with the fastest growing startups as well as some of the largest Fortune 500 companies on the continent.
The successful candidate will:
- Own the compliance roadmap for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) capabilities.
- Drive new AI and ML functionality through the entire product life cycle.
- Work closely with customers, support, operations, and account managers to ensure successful deployment and continued improvement to AI and ML capabilities.
- Maintain thorough understanding of products and present complex technological concepts clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ensure that products solve customer and business problems and are stable in production, satisfying scalability, reliability, performance and business goals.
- Organize and engage in usability testing to define detailed interaction flows.
- Conduct user and competitive research for products.
- Report on key product metrics.
- Develop internal- and external-facing go-to-market content
What you'll need;
- A customer centric mindset.
- Passion for data science and machine learning.
- Keen interest in consumer fraud or consumer trust/safety problems.
- Strong prioritisation skills.
- Ability to set direction for Data Science and Engineering teams.
- In depth knowledge of modern software development and machine learning engineering practices.
- Experience working in FinTech or Financial Services is a bonus.
- Any previous work in a SaaS company, specifically specialising in APIs is a bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.