Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
The successful candidate will:
- Technical variety ranging from designing blazing-fast APIs, to building microservices, through encryption methodologies, authorizations, reverse engineering mobile apps, and database optimisations.
- Bottoms-up team culture.
- Challenging technical problems with non-deterministic solutions, diving into loosely defined problems and figuring out a path forward.
- Prototyping and developing new products.
- Working cross-functionally and directly having a high business impact for Okra.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of production experience, core fundamentals, and strong experience with preact/react.
- Deep understanding of networking and web sockets.
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL systems
- Strong system-design skills, including distributed systems and data schema design
- Experience owning a production product and working with internal stakeholders to drive business impact.
- Prior experience coaching and bringing the best out of a senior technical team.
- A problem-solving mindset and a willingness to step outside your lane when needed.
- Nice to have: Experience building product platforms.