Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers to launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Engineering team is responsible for building tools and infrastructure to gather, analyze, and visualize financial data. We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our Engineering team will be at the forefront of creating that experience.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems.
The successful candidate will:
- Write unit, integration and end-end-tests
- Collaborate with engineering team and other stakeholders to understand functional and non-functional requirements
- Triage and log bugs and defects
- Communicate progress directly to stakeholders
- Ensure quality is at the center of everything we release to production
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of development and test automation experience
- Experience with Jest/Cypress is a plus
- Knowledge of manual and automation testing
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
- Experience working with web-based products
- A proven track record delivering high quality software
- Experience working with widgets is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.