Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers to launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Business Development team at Okra will combine deep product and industry knowledge and focus on bringing Okra to an ever-broadening set of businesses.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work closely with our Business Development and Product teams as the Customer Engineer throughout the post-sales process. You will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of Okra’s products into customers’ existing architecture, and will continue to work with them as they scale.
You will partner with the Customer Success Lead, and interface with Product Managers, Engineers, Operations and Marketing. The Customer Engineer is a highly visible technical and product expert in the post-sales process, and a primary driver for internal advancement of customer requirements. Every day, we work with our customers to help them build and scale amazing applications, providing the technical guidance and support to make business launches successful. You’ll get to work with the fastest growing startups as well as some of the largest Fortune 500 companies on the continent.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with our Customer Engineer Lead and product team to translate customer feedback into meaningful product insights.
- Serve as a technical contact for our customers and partners as they integrate with Okra.
- Play a big role in fixing or escalating bugs raised by our customers to the relevant team.
- Work closely with our Quality Assurance engineers.
- Provide ongoing solutions consulting to existing Okra’s customers to enable upsells.
- Manage executive, mid-level and day-to-day client relationships.
- Communicate client and market trends to Okra’s product & marketing teams.
- Proactively manage assigned clients’ financial forecast in collaboration with Finance and Business Development.
What you’ll need:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a technical support/product support role.
- Good understanding of REST API and APIs in general.
- MERN (Mongo, Express, React, Node) stack is your everyday, any other programming language knowledge is a bonus.
- Experience working in FinTech or Financial Services is a bonus.
- Any previous work in a SaaS company.
- A computer science or technology focussed degree would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with iOS/Android mobile development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.