Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will be responsible for making sure our Core Infrastructure products are market leaders across every country in Africa. You will be responsible for delivering high quality integrations with banks as well as discovering and building country specific features that make our products stand out from the crowd.
Your work will allow our Core Infrastructure team to quickly build reliable, stable products.
We want our Product Managers to be passionate about solving problems with exceptionally high analytical quality, as we continue in our journey to digitise financial services for Africa.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with teams across Okra to build the services that enable them to deliver new products.
- Be responsible for delivering the solutions that are essential to Okra scaling to meet its ever growing customer base.
- Work with your engineering counterparts to ensure what you build is stable and reliable now and into the future.
- Continuously strive for better quality products by prioritising team activities such as testing, alerting and observability.
- Experience working in FinTech or Financial Services is a bonus.
- Any previous work in a SaaS company, specifically specialising in APIs is a bonus.
- Are excited by the idea of other teams at Okra being your customers.
- Have technical product management experience in a Product-first, B2B company.
- Have experience working with a digital product used by a technical user base such as PaaS - this could also include APIs, SaaS.
- Have experience working with a product integrated with multiple endpoints - e.g., communications APIs, financial data APIs.
- Can act on data without relying on the complete picture to be built for them; prioritisation is your strength, and you have the ability to win consensus for your ideas amongst your stakeholders.
- Can strike the perfect balance between strategic visionary and tactical operator.
- Are customer-focused; everything you do, you do it to create a platform that our clients love to use.
- Would consider themselves a “people-person” - equally comfortable gathering user feedback, presenting your ideas to engineers or reporting your KPIs back to your product team - communication is key.
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with people from all over the world. Our ambitions are global, and so is the exceptional team we’ve built.
- Can coordinate and successfully deliver large cross-functional technical initiatives
Nice to haves:
- Specific experience working with a financial product.
- Experience working with microservices in a cloud environment.
- Ability to understand complex technical/process challenges and then work with your engineers to solve them.
- Experience working in a technical role - maybe as an ex-developer.
- Start-up experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.