Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers to launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. As a Technical Support Engineer focused on helping Okra customers, you will support the architectural foundation for new products and explosive growth. You’ll collaborate with product managers, designers to understand user needs and to create delightful experiences for our customers, while setting the foundation to manage scale without compromising reliability. You will build on our current product and unlock a new way of managing money for the entire Fintech Industry.
The successful candidate will:
- Build products with impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions
- Understand the financial infrastructure in Africa today and be able to imagine the payments experience
- Challenge technical problems with non-deterministic solutions, diving into loosely defined problems and figuring out a path forward.
- Prototype and develop new products.
- Work cross-functionally and directly create a high business impact for Okra.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in technical support, preferably in SaaS or API company.
- Experience with and passion for API's.
- Passion for customer support and helping customers.
- Deep understanding of networking and web sockets.
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL systems
- Experience with Node.js and Typescript
What we offer:
- Fully remote work
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic work environment
- Be a part of the fintech revolution on the African continent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.