Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers to launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Design team is responsible for delighting our customers and enhancing our end-user experience. We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our design team will be at the forefront of driving those behaviors.
You’ll be the individual helping us to achieve this vision. Your focus will be to execute world class product experiences as well as to help raise the bar of the Okra brand through cutting edge visual design solutions.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the overall product and brand development
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, product and business teams
- Understand scope, requirements, and drive innovative solutions aligned with business goals and metrics.
- Effectively apply research and data in design decisions
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity visuals
- Work closely with engineers and other partners to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Use and evolve internal design systems
- Regularly talk to customers and users
- Regularly present work and share feedback with other designers
- Mentor and encourage growth amongst your design team
- Stay on top of the game by researching the latest trends in visual, UI, interaction design and provide recommendations for improvements
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years experience creating and shipping digital products.
- A passion for design and figuring out best in class solutions to UX, UI, Visual design and interaction challenges
- Experience with design systems and scaling design across the whole company
- The ability to advocate for, and be a strong representative of design
- Proficiency in animation and illustration is a plus.
- Passionate about both brand and product verticals of design
- Excellent team player
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think through complex design problems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.