Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers to launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and dLocal, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. As a Technical Support Specialist focused on helping Okra customers, you will support the architectural foundation for new products and explosive growth. You’ll collaborate with customer success, sales, product managers, and engineers to understand user needs and support customers along the user journey from integration to go-live and beyond, as the initial contact for all customer issues.
The successful candidate will:
- Acts as a customer advocate to represent customer needs and issues internally
- Actively monitor, document, and field incoming requests from customers via multiple communication channels - Slack, email, social media
- Analyze and resolve minor customer issues and conduct advanced technical troubleshooting where possible
- Respond to all inquiries promptly and identify trends and opportunities to eliminate recurring problems
- Communicate advanced client issues with key stakeholders and act as a liaison between customer support and developers to ensure prompt and effective resolution of bugs and issues
- Maintains product knowledge through continuous training and uses the latest troubleshooting methods, guides, and other reference materials
- Interact directly with customers to understand problems areas or improvements and accordingly implement solutions through product, process, systems
What you’ll need:
- 2 years of experience in technical support, preferably in SaaS or API company
- Experience with and passion for APIs
- Passion for building relationships and trust with customers
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proven track record of working independently as well as in a team environment
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Effective listening and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to react quickly, accurately, and remain calm under pressure
- Experience working across teams to drive resolutions to simple and complex issues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.