Our OpenUp and iPractice ventures help people become and stay mentally and physically healthy. We continuously develop our practice and online platform for mental well-being. Users can start directly with various online programs and connect face to face with a psychologist. All programs are evidence-based, result-oriented and short and sweet. Sustainable results come from daily practice and users are supported by an accessible system and network of psychologists. We offer our services all over Europe, in various languages. We help hundreds of people every day and the number of users is growing fast.
Who we are
We are on a mission to make mental well-being accessible to everyone. At OpenUp, we support companies, their employees and the families of employees with mental well-being. Via our OpenUp platform, employees and their families receive direct access to health checks, self-help programs, group sessions and webinars, mindfulness training and a large team of recognized psychologists. Via our core values ‘we care about you’, ‘we make it happen’ and ‘we love growth’ we build high performance teams in which people develop themselves to their fullest potential.
OpenUp is part of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2023 and is rapidly growing. We are expanding our international teams and we search for like-minded talent. We are already helping over 1.000+ (international) companies and their employees, e.g. Rituals, Deloitte, Decathlon, Miele, KPMG, Adyen and McDonalds. We are the Dutch and German market leader. But that’s not enough to achieve our mission: We aim to become the number one mental health partner in the whole of Europe.
As our Learning Experience Designer, you will support us in our mission to grow our courses portfolio. Our courses serve as a lower-threshold first step to mental well-being support, complementing our current portfolio of 1:1 sessions with a psychologist / lifestyle expert and spaces (group sessions). With your curriculum design expertise, proficiency in digital learning technology, and project management skills you will create ánd deliver engaging courses on the topic of mental well-being.
You are experienced with adult learning, have an innovative mindset, eye for user experience and are not afraid to get your hands dirty by conducting research and copywriting where necessary.
- Apply your expertise in curriculum design and educational strategies to convert our extensive knowledge base on mental well-being topics into captivating and relevant formats
- In collaboration with content, product, psychologist and lifestyle experts create learning experiences that are designed to increase engagement and drive high completion rates
- Conduct research and draft the initial course content, including learning objectives and video scripts
- Ensure the content and course structure adhere to our psychological vision and to best practices in mental well-being education and communication
- Leverage your understanding of online, app-based learning and emerging technologies such as Generative AI to design a variety of interactive course content, with a focus on enhancing learner engagement and retention
- End to end ownership and responsibility of timely delivery of courses through diligent project management and stakeholder management
- Apply your experience with diverse learners and contexts to improve our product from end-to-end, ensuring an optimal digital learning experience
- Ensure the effectiveness of our content by designing robust learning assessments and program evaluation tools, and by reporting key results to relevant stakeholders
- Handle operational management of our existing learning management system (LearnDash, integrated into our Wordpress environment), ensuring a seamless user experience
- Track course performance and leverage insights for iterations
- Proven experience as a Learning Experience Designer in the e-learning industry.
- Strong knowledge of curriculum design, educational strategies, and adult learning theories.
- Familiarity with online and app-based learning, and experienced in using e-learning design software.
- Experience with emerging technologies such as Generative AI in an e-learning context.
- Experience working with diverse learners in various contexts.
- Exceptional communication, organisational, and project management skills.
- Background or strong interest in psychology / mental well-being.
What you get
OpenUp is fast growing and you have the chance to become part of this challenging journey. Your high impact role in this early-stage scale-up offers a lot of great opportunities and chances to grow with us.
You are working in a diverse and international environment from our offices in the heart of Amsterdam. We like to have fun together with a lot of team building activities like our weekly ‘borrels’, after work sport classes, the yearly ski-trip and our Paddle tournament. Which makes our work fun, challenging and dynamic.
Next to that:
- The exciting opportunity to become part of our mission: making mental wellbeing accessible for more people, and spreading our wings in Europe;
- A high impact role at the fastest growing mental wellbeing scale-up in Europe with an awesome start-up atmosphere;
- Working in a diverse and international environment;
- Freedom to drive your own projects, have direct impact and develop yourself;
- A competitive salary and compensation package;
- Healthy lunches, fun events and company trips;
- And of course, unlimited access to our mindfulness courses and psychologists.
Excited about this opportunity? Send in your application through our website and we will be in touch with you soon.
At OpenUp, everyone is welcome to apply - regardless of color, age, gender, nationality or any other label. We embrace what makes you unique and we believe that a diverse team is crucial to success. If you are ready to OpenUp, join us!