Optimove is a global marketing tech company, recognized as a Leader by Forrester and a Challenger by Gartner. We work with some of the world's most exciting brands, such as Papa John's, Staples, and Entain, who love our thought-provoking combination of art and science. With a strong product, a proven business, and the DNA of a vibrant, fast-growing startup, we're on the cusp of our next growth spurt. It's the perfect time to join our team of ~400 thinkers and doers across NYC, LDN, TLV, and other locations, where 2 of every 3 managers were promoted from within. Growing your career with Optimove is basically guaranteed.
As a data company, Optimove is trusted by our clients to ensure they get the most from their data. Our unique products allow our clients to use their data to maximum effect. We enable that by ensuring our products meet their requirements both in terms of reliability and offering.
Optimove is seeking an experienced QA engineer to join our R&D organization to help us build on that reputation by working collaboratively across development teams to ensure we meet those commitments.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working as a QA engineer on an enterprise-level application preferably web-based and full-stack. They should have good organization skills for managing their work streams, experience working within an agile team using SCRUM methodologies, and a passion for their craft.
In this role, the candidate will write scripts and create automation environments for repeated tests. Using different automation tools, they will design, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions. The goal is to automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code.
In this role, the candidate will be encouraged and supported to contribute to existing test suites as well as create new ones for our growing list of microservices. There will be a high level of documentation involved to ensure our test suites grow sustainably and knowledge can be shared with your colleagues. You will have the confidence to introduce new ways of doing things as well as suggesting improvements in our current processes. We want to evolve and look to our engineers to help drive that positive change. This includes setting and enforcing standards for QA within R&D, helping us move faster with our feature delivery to our clients safely and reliably.You will also be expected to identify any training needs or tools that you require in order to hone your craft at Optimove. As the industry moves ever more quickly it is important that you are able to adapt to these industry changes also.
Your responsibilities will include
- creating and maintaining automated test suits and working with development engineers to author the required test cases
- planning and executing test plans against incoming sprint work
- running regression testing to help reduce the risk of development bugs impacting existing functionality
- exploratory testing where necessary
- contributing estimations in planning to ensure QA effort is considered
- updating the team on the progress of test runs and communicating any defects raised.
- helping development engineers reproduce defects found through clear and concise documentation
Required skills include
- experience working with an enterprise-level web-based application
- understanding of common QA methodologies and tooling
- understanding of API-driven applications
Desirable skills include
- experience working within an agile team using SCRUM methodologies
- experience in mobile app testing
Working in a Hybrid model from the office in Dundee.