At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is passionate about exploring, visualising and correlating vast datasets, and wants to see their work translated into real life applications that impact 100.000’s of hotels worldwide.
In this role you will:
- Develop statistical models that forecast demand for thousands of hotels every day;
- Build price recommendations using large-scale hospitality data that are explainable and understandable for our users;
- Research and productionalize models to automate and enhance manual processes for our users;
- Develop a deep understanding of Lighthouse data assets and how they can be used to improve our products, their usage and customers retention;
- Translate loosely defined problems into actionable recommendations and execute them;
- Clearly and concisely communicate insights from your research to facilitate collaboration with other teams and stakeholders;
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Analytics & Marketing teams to research and operationalise new solutions;
- Have a strategic role in the delivery of Data R&D projects from ideation to product implementation.
About the team:
The Lighthouse Data R&D team is a team within our wider engineering team. Its mission is to maximise the power of data to create data driven culture in the industry and inside Lighthouse by providing support to existing solutions and drive innovation to reach our company and product goals.
The team works in close collaboration with our Product team, as well as a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward. We have offices in Ghent and Brussels, and as an engineer, you'll find most of your peers there (unless they're working from home or remote).
Today we process billions of data points and +100TB of data on a daily basis, containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
Benefits of working at Lighthouse:
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 75.000 users rely on world-wide;
- The chance to grow and evolve the data culture at a fast-growing scale-up;
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our offices;
- Two annual Detox Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company;
- A choose-your-own transportation budget should you choose to come to the office;
- A highly competitive compensation package.
- +5 years experience in a similar Data Scientist role;
- High-energy professional with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude;
- Understanding of the steps required in cleaning and transforming datasets;
- Solid relational modelling (SQL) and programming skills (preferably in Python);
- Strong expertise in statistics;
- Expertise in applying statistical and machine learning solutions to business problems;
- Able to derive and clearly communicate insights from a dataset, preferably using Jupyter/Pandas/Tableau;
- Good software engineering practices, e.g. use of version control;
- Strong analytical mindset and problem solving skills;
- Strong communicator that can describe complex topics in a simple way to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Fluent in English;
- EU Work Permit.
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams at high growth companies to solve problems, identify trends and opportunities, productionize recommendations;
- Experience solving problems with real-world data;
- Experience with Data Engineering frameworks like airflow;
- Experience in working with GCP solutions (BQ, VertexAI)
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.