At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
We are expanding internationally and are looking for a full-time Business Development Manager - Japan
- As a hunter, you source potential client opportunities via cold calling, email campaigns and through interaction with professional industry network groups.
- Respond to all incoming product enquiries, referrals and leads in a timely and effective manner. You format tailor-made proposals to clients.
- You organise face-to-face or online product demonstrations and advanced training sessions.
- Keep track of our existing client base and generate new sales by upselling our products according to the client’s needs.
- Contract negotiation, maintaining a balance between optimal service, value for the client and Lighthouse's profit margins.
- Together with the team, you help building and adjusting the vision for the sales team. You build and execute a business development plan to achieve business aims and the sales targets, develop innovative strategies to maximise results and identify shortfalls in the process. This all aiming at process improvements.
- Attend meetings, (inter)national conferences and organize regional road shows as required.
- You are the middleman between our client and our Product Development team. You will provide client feedback to this team so products can be reviewed in line with the feedback.
- Keep track of your efforts in our CRM system and achieve KPI’s and targets.
- An ideal candidate has a Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Business, Communication, Finance, Economics or other relevant field
- You have 4+ years relevant experience in Business Development in the hospitality business, or with a SaaS company
- You have a wide network within the travel industry in Japan
- You are comfortable with navigating software and conducting webinars/tutorial
- You have proven experience in delivering both live & virtual presentations and seminars
- You have a focused, “hunter” mentality to find, solicit, and drive new business to the company
- You have an open and direct way of communicating while maintaining a consultative approach for those you're speaking with
- You are fluent in English and Japanese; other languages are an added plus
- You have experience with SalesForce, or other CRM systems and related sales tools
- You demonstrate a high level of diplomacy, strong interpersonal skills, and bring a positive attitude to any kind of conversation
At Lighthouse you join the #bestteamever where you can be part of developing a market-leading technology platform. As a high performing team, we put our clients and innovation first. However, growing together and being passionate about our mission also means having fun together. So prepare for remote team gatherings and after work drinks on us!
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.