At OTA Insight, we’re helping the hospitality industry with our BI solution to visualise and leverage its data in the most simple way so that they can make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We raised a series B funding and have welcomed two companies to our organisation. With 400+ people, representing 36 nationalities living in 30 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionising the hotel sector? 🚀
About the position:
In a fast-growing scale-up priorities might shift from time to time. You’ll gain experience and ownership in different domains depending on your ambition, but here are some general topics:
- Build new features from idea to implementation. Work with our product and design teams to find the best solution for our customers. Collaborate with the other engineering teams to work out the technical specifications and implementation details. Always keeping good UX, performance and scalability in mind.
- Work on keeping a high technical standard, together with the rest of the frontend teams. This would entail, but is not limited to, keeping up with the latest technologies, constantly thinking about our current architecture and how we can improve implementations.
- Provide ongoing support to your team members and other teams in the company. We have a very open and flat structure and have a very short feedback loop on both internal and customer questions.
Technologies you’ll work with:
Ember.js, Sass, Stencil.js, Storybook, Lerna, Gitlab, Docker, Google Cloud
(feel free to ask us why these are the best fit for us)
About the Frontend chapter:
The OTA Insight Frontend team is the most visible part of what our engineering team does. The mission of our Frontend Product team is to build a reliable and performant BI application that’s being fed by our data APIs. The challenge lies in managing the large and complex amounts of data that we’re crunching on the fly, and at the same time offering a simple and actionable experience to our end user. The team works in close collaboration with our Product team, as well as a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward.
We are looking for:
- A solid understanding of core web and browser concepts.
- Experience with any modern frontend framework such as React, Vue.js,... - we use Ember.js.
- Capable of supporting other frontend engineers.
- Experience with building frontend applications that work with large amounts of data.
- A desire to work with product and design to find the best possible solution for the customer, always keeping good UX, performance and scalability in mind.
- Interest in visualising large amounts of data.
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with design systems or component libraries.
- Knowledge of Python, Django.
About the compensation:
- A highly competitive compensation package;
- The opportunity to shape products that more than 75.000 users rely on world-wide;
- The chance to grow and evolve the backend glue at a fast-growing scale-up;
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our offices;
- No shortage of snacks, baristas… and a budget to account for home office expenses;
- Two annual Detox Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company;
- A choose-your-own transportation budget should you choose to come to the office;
- Of course an insurance package that’s the best in the business. Just in case, for that little extra peace of mind.
At OTA Insight, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion to cultivate our #bestteamever. As such, we do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to hiring the best talent and invite all candidates interested in joining our team to apply. Have you discovered one of our roles, but do not meet all the listed qualifications? No worries! Please apply and our talent acquisition team will be happy to review your application to try and find the best fit for you!